The "Guys"

Status
Not open for further replies.

brycem

I was just wondering, does anyone know what KC & RC's band members are doing these days, in particular Tony Peluso, Doug Strawn, Cubby O'Brien & Bob Messenger.......

Bryce

For some period of time, Doug Strawn was an executive producer of music for Disney. His name appears on a couple of Disneyland/Disney World albums I have.

Harry

Really, Harry!
I am quite into Disney- the parks, in particular, and collect the music CDs as well as other memorabilia. Which CDs?

Mark

I was sure he was on at least two I have, and they are:

DISNEY MGM STUDIOS FANTASMIC (DMPCD1002) (1998)
Doug Strawn is listed as Album Executive Producer

CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL AND MASSED CHOIR PROGRAM
FEATURING LOUIS GOSSETT, JR. (1997)
Doug Strawn listed as Executive Producer, Walt Disney Entertainment

Harry

Bob Messenger still lives in Southern California. I see him often playing bass in the area. He plays for the musicals at Saddleback college, plus plays in a local wedding/party band. He looks the same, just with gray hair.

For some reason, Richard never uses the old band for his appearances at the CPAC. It would be great to see them perform again.

Wes Jacobs was (and still may be) with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, on tuba. Jacobs was in the early Carpenter Trio.

Doug was the entertainment director for Disney World in Florida for quite a number of years. I am uncertain as to whether or not he is still on staff there.

The last time I spoke with Bob Messenger, he was down in Newport Beach working. To my knowledge as of late, he is not in the greatest of health. -Chris

Chris May said:
The last time I spoke with Bob Messenger, he was down in Newport Beach working. To my knowledge as of late, he is not in the greatest of health. -Chris

I have also heard that about Bob, but that was a few years ago. I hope he's okay now.

A few years back, I worked with a gentleman who is not only friends with Bob [Messenger], but also mentioned that he and Bob were in Vietnam together. Apparently while there, Bob was involved in a casualty, causing him to lose a lung.

I always found it so incredibly fascinating how he was responsible for many of the sax/flute solos on so many classic Carpenters tracks and to be able to play them the way he did given his physical limitations. If you remember in the Carpenters' version of "Sleigh Ride", the line that goes "...There's a Christmas party at the home of farmer Gray...." That was Bob singing.

I've had the pleasure of speaking with him on several occasions in the past and this is exactly how he sounds in person; that is, a bit winded. Nice guy--Very quiet. -Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom