The House The Brass Built (article)

Wow! Oh (bleep!) I can't believe this!! I was just thinking about this article only a few DAYS ago!! You see, in the early 90s, before the internet and social media was upon us, I used to go to the Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts, and go there when I was off and listen to music because they had records there and cds that you could listen to in your spare time. Upstairs was the Media section where you could find books and bios and articles of your favorite celebrities, tv shows, musicians, etc. Again, you could also find files on the aforementioned subjects.

Anyway, I asked for a file on Herb, and lo and behold they had one! The folder was a little thick, and there were articles on him from the 60s to the 90s and this TV Guide article was one of them! I even drew the picture of Herb holding his trumpet sitting down in my sketchbook! I was thinking about it because I was impressed how A&M headquarters looked at the time and how cool and casual Herb looked at the piano just (as we say here in Brooklyn) chillin'.

Thanx Harry for uploading this article!

Loved seeing pictures of the lot from back in the day. I always thought it was the coolest thing ever to have a recording studio on an old movie lot.

Back
Top Bottom