The Move "Shazam"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
When my older brother bought the record import of the Electric Light Orchestra "Three Light Years" (On The Third Day, Eldorado & Face The Music) back in 1978, there were two more records called The Move (1967) & The Move "Shazam" (1970) but it was on Cube Records & distributed by Pye Records. On the track song listing for ELO, it is on side 1 but on side 2, it has the album covers. When I heard the Move from 1967 & "Shazam" from 1970, those albums blew me away. The remake of Eddie Cochran "Weekend" I think is better than Eddie's version. I couldn't decide of the song "Hey Grandma" (which was also done by Moby Grape) because both songs are great. The remake of "Zing, Went The Strings Of My Heart" is weird with singer Bev Bevan (later with ELO & ELO II) doing the vocals. I do have also "The Best Of The Move" which I bought on CD back either in 1989 or 1990 but A&M deleted it the next year. The song called "The Last Thing On My Mind" from "Shazam" (which was also covered by Neil Diamond) isn't too bad though. When I heard the song called "Fields Of People" at the end of the song, there are British people that were saying: Here we are in Great Import Street, Ah good evening sir, I wonder if you can say a few things over the microphone oh, it sktetches is off balance suddenly we interrupting the street. Then a man whistles in the streets & the man runs up & says "I've Got One" & then says, "Hello, I wonder if you can tell me what I wants is this you're a Texas Rivir (yeah) & we want Texas Rivir's opinion on pop music, judgment I don't a big aaay to say, I don't enjoy it! Yeah good, takealoobeinggivinaway!!!" :shock: I was thinking, What the heck was he saying? I do think that The Move (1967) should have been in Rolling Stone magazine Top 500 Albums Of All Time (probably around at #501) because that album blew me away. Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom