They really ARE here this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
Got my shipping confirmation today from Dusty that Love Music and Vintage '74 are on the way. This leaves a relative handful of Mendes releases left to get the CD treatment. Who'd a thunk even a couple of years ago that we'd have most of his work in a digital format?

I was in shock to find out that the entire A&M catalog finally made it to CD in Japan! Incredible. Just shows you how much continuing popularity Sergio Mendes still has in the music world today. He was never a chart-topper, but it never ceases to amaze me how many bands and artists WERE chart-toppers and still have had only a handful, if any, CDs reissued. A certain record-label-founding trumpet player comes to mind, in fact...

Mine are coming from HMV in Japan. They'd probably have been here by now, but I also ordered the Shery Crow album that was delayed a week or so. They're probably holding the order for that. No problem -- I can wait a few more weeks for these two. It's not like I don't own them in vinyl and have already transferred them to CD. Still it will be nice to add them to the collection of official Sergio Mendes releases.

Harry
...waiting for Mr. Postman, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom