THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ME

Hello Ken, I posted this reply on the other thread and forgive me if this is a silly question but has anyone ever suggested increasing the resolution of the web browser on your screen higher than the standard 100% so everything appears bigger for you and makes it easier to read? Nice to have another Carpenters fan on the forum and sending my best wishes for your good health.

Ken, I suspect that no one meant any disrespect to you, perhaps simply a misinterpretation. I think it's yet another example of the perils of online communication. Tone and intent are sometimes difficult to discern. As I mentioned in your thread, YOUR FAVORITE CARPENTERS ALBUM, please continue on with what is most comfortable for you. You're among friends here...

Ken - I'm sure everyone is sympathetic with your plight, but I admit to being curious .... if you have vision issues that makes "all caps" easier for you to type, how do you read other posts?

There are a couple of ways to make the type on your computer bigger -- on a Windows machine, for example, you can hold CTRL and move the mouse wheel forward to zoom in on a website. Or as others suggest, you can change your screen resolution.

Whatever solution works for you will be fine, even if you continue to all-caps your posts. Welcome to the forum!

You're good, man. No worries. Our mods are a friendly bunch, but like any other forum moderators, they want to make sure people are following certain protocols and rules whenever possible to maintain the high standard that such a forum deserves. Exceptions can always be made in certain cases and we hope any comments you received don't discourage you from remaining an active member. I personally treasure the opinions of all other Carpenters fans and I know that everyone else here does as well. I also sympathize with your condition and wish you well.

Ken - I'm sure everyone is sympathetic with your plight, but I admit to being curious .... if you have vision issues that makes "all caps" easier for you to type, how do you read other posts?

There are a couple of ways to make the type on your computer bigger -- on a Windows machine, for example, you can hold CTRL and move the mouse wheel forward to zoom in on a website. Or as others suggest, you can change your screen resolution.

Whatever solution works for you will be fine, even if you continue to all-caps your posts. Welcome to the forum!
I zoom in podts

Ken, I don't know if would help, but there's a "Dark Theme" available for this forum. In the past, others with visual issues have found it better than the white-background themes.

To change to the dark theme, scroll down to the bottom of any forum page. On the left side, just above the Xenforo copyright notice, there's a "Style Chooser". Click on that and select "Flat :: A&M Black/Tan/Silver". If you don't like it, change it back to whatever other choice you might like.

Some of you have raised issues with me typing in all caps, I have some vision issues from cancer treatment...! I was not shouting and meant no disrespect. I have loved THE CARPENTERS since age 3 in 1977
Ken, I use "" and ! too many times in my comments I'm sure. It's content and not grammar that we value. Welcome aboard! HAVE A BALL!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom