• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

This is a question about a particular song

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpertfan

It's been a long time since I've heard it, but can anyone point out the difference between the original version of "Red Hot" that's on the BEYOND LP and the remix on BLOW YOUR OWN HORN? If memory serves me right, both versions sound pretty much the same. :?:

alpertfan said:
It's been a long time since I've heard it, but can anyone point out the difference between the original version of "Red Hot" that's on the BEYOND LP and the remix on BLOW YOUR OWN HORN? If memory serves me right, both versions sound pretty much the same. :?:

There's a slight overall sound difference between the two versions, but on the BYOH version there is a sax solo by Ernie Watts at the end of the tune. The BYOH version also omits a segment of the song before Herb starts his first solo.

Capt. Bacardi

The remix is a bit punchier of a mix, and the Captain pointed out other differences. Beyond that, not much of a difference at all. I have the remix on 12" red vinyl. :)

I thought so. I wish they'd re-release BEYOND or CD singles of both versions. Be nice to have them both in remastered sound, perhaps with some new remixes? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom