Ticket To Ride- QUAD observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I can't believe that I have not noticed this months ago, but I pulled out my Quad Singles LP to give it a spin because I haven't heard it in forever.

Anyway, I thought I would listen to the whole album this time and I started it off with WOJB, then TOTW, and finally Ticket. The first part of the song sounds just mixed a little different but I got to about 2:20 and noticed something really different.

The song goes:

Don't know why he's riding so high
He oughta do right
He oughta do right by me
'Fore he gets to saying goodbye
He oughta do right
He oughta do right by me
I think
I'm gonna be sad
I think it's today
Yeh

Well the parts of the song in bold are actually the original '69 version sung by Karen with more emphasis. So you have most of the song that is a 1973 vocal and 1 1/2 line that is a 1969.

Just thought you might like to know.

EDITED*- new title to make it more catchy

Andrew I must say you have a good ear. I pulled out my quad & when Karen says the line in bold I think, it is different, almost like it wasn't spliced together right, almost sorta jerky on that word "think". It's not like that on the other's.

I compared the bolded words to TTR on the Remastered Classics & it does sound a bit different between these bolded words. Do the harmonies sound a little different too? Or am I just hearing something different on the Quad.

Chris, the reason that it the others sound more fluid-like is because they are a total 1973 re-recorded vocal. I'm sure that you know that but I just wanted to clarify that.

And I think the harmonies are the same- they're just mixed different, but that does make them not the same. But I think they are from the the 1973 vocal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom