TJB Memory Lane (Overseas Releases)

TallPaulInKy

Sounds Tijuana is the British comp album, that I feel should be in any serious collector's collection. In the early 60s Stateside in the UK issued the TJB singles and EPs. For this album they spooled all the mono singles masters together to create a unique release. In addition to the rare Mexican Drummer Man (only one of two albums, I know offering it). The original single version of Numero Cinco, is here with the Mexican engineer's introduction and count-off. There was a stereo version of the album issued, but it used some some different songs and used the stereo album versions (not the hits).
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71EakfW9bXL._SL1280_.jpg

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Sounds Tijuana is the British comp album, that I feel should be in any serious collector's collection. In the early 60s Stateside in the UK issued the TJB singles and EPs. For this album they spooled all the mono singles masters together to create a unique release. In addition to the rare Mexican Drummer Man (only one of two albums, I know offering it). The original single version of Numero Cinco, is here with the Mexican engineer's introduction and count-off.
One correction here: "Mexican Corn" as presented on SOUNDS TIJUANA is actually the mono album version. The true 45 version is quite different:

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
I don't own this one, but spotted it on Discogs:

1595683482109.png

It's a French release, and the real flip-side is "You Are My Life" - not "You Are Free"!

Top Bottom