• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Top of the World 2007, No Richard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this makes me sad. Maybe Richard is concentrating his efforts in Thousand Oaks, and not the Carpenter center?

Or, (forgive me) Maybe the high rollers who donate to the center were looking for something different than the Carpenter kids? It seemed like a sell out this year, so I am not sure why they have changed the Carpenter tradition.

Well according to Becky, the program hasn't even been defined yet. So Richard's "absense" where the program is concerned is inaccurate. -Chris

Chris:
Thanks for the update. However, it still seems weird.

Richard has always been promoted as the main concert attraction every year since TOTW's inception. The fact that a new headliner is listed and nothing about Richard seems odd. They have printed up thousands of season brochures to send to past subscribers and Richard is not listed.

However, I must say that the lineup at the Carpenter Center this year is awful! They have almost no headliners on the schedule. So, the absence of Richard falls in line with their lineup.

Having received like many other Center attendees / Carpenters fans , the latest season details ....I felt this years season was announced far earlier than previous that I could recall. There are still many events to finalise & I am sure top headliners & artists will be confirmed over next few months & TOTW 5 event details finalised .... :wink:

Certainly Richard has lent his headlining status to TOTW 1 > 4 (2003 > 2006) , having attended first three -all were hugely enjoyable plus the attraction of Richard hosting, performing & meeting fans after the finale ....:cool:

However I do think fans should prepare for the time when Richard & family WILL NOT PERFORM ....at TOTW benefits....I can foresee Richard just hosting & attending to ensure there are enough financial donations for Center's education programs ....fans should not be expecting TOTW to be always Richard ....I can see Richard at TOTW 5 (March 2007 ) plus one more :?:

Fans have to remember TOTW is NOT Richard Carpenter event rather a select benefit for key programs & awards .....

Seeing Richard has confirmed Thousand Oaks September 2006 benefit ....I am only surprised it has taken so long for Richard to headline at the Plaza Civic Center ....sure more will come in future years in line with Richard's current personal appearances ..... :wink:

Now it would be great to have Richard confirm some 2006 & 2007 full length concerts at CPAC , Thousand Oaks plus other venues to celebrate his 60th Birthday & planned overdue 2007 solo album with backing group , choir & full orchestra .....we can only keep requesting ....:cool:

Peter

The official full color brochures for the Carpenter Center season have now arrived. There is no mention of Richard for the Top of the world gala. It looks like Richard will not participate. In fact, except for a long list of donors, Richard is not represented at all.

Maybe he is changing his alliance from the Carpenter Center to the Thousand Oaks Theater?

Jeff,

Are you planning to attend THOUSAND OAKS performance ? :wink:

Have you any interest in TOTW 5 ....Richard is still co-ordinating his 2006-2007 diary plans & I would be surprised if Richard & Mary as key CPAC benefactors did not attend next March TOTW benefit :!:

Perhaps Richard will exec -produce TOTW 5 from organising committee & assist with confirming other performers only :o

Richard probably believes TOTW benefits are now estabished & is looking to other performances & events for the next few years ...sure something interesting will be confirmed later this year .....:cool:

Peter -UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom