• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Top of the World fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Is anyone from here going to the Top of the World fundraiser at the Carpenter Center at CSULB on March 20? I'm considering making the trip since I've never seen Richard Carpenter perform. It would be great to meet some of the folks from this site there.

Tony

I would love to see Richard performing live, especially on 20.3.2004, because this day is my 40th birthday. What a fantastic birthday present this would be!!
But: Not enough money for this trip. :sad:

Bruno
if Richard would perform in London, I would fly to the UK

OK, I've got my ticket for Top of the World, and I'm all set to go see Richard Carpenter at the Carpenter. It's not too late for some of you guys to join me! Bruno, I'll be sure and think of you while I'm there.

Tony

Still hoping to go ....I received wonderful personal invitation from CPAC for this year's event after attending 2003 TOTW :cool:

Just have to finalise leave / absence from work as travelling thousands of miles from UK to LA needs more than a short weekend visit ....a week in warm California would be ideal after another Winter .... :!:

Who else is definitely attending TOTW ....we will have to try and meet up in advance or on Sunday after event :cool:

Peter

I'll eventually go one year. Maybe next year. When I go, I'll just walk right over to Richard and strike up a conversation with him. I think he would enjoy talking to me because I am probably the youngest Carpenters fanatic.

Andrew -you can try to walk over -but usually there are numerous fans / associates with Richard as these live performances are rare events these days :!:

Must ask Richard whether there are possible plans for some Christmas concerts to support forthcoming Christmas album ....ideally not just LA ....but New York , Baltimore , New Haven etc and of course LONDON :o ...

Look To Your Dreams :angel:

Peter

Could not resist ..... :wink:

Obtained Ticket for TOTW 2 ...sorted out best flight price and agreed leave from work ..... :)

Having enjoyed TOTW 2003 -have a feeling this will be even better :cool:

See on CPAC invitation ...music performance by Richard Carpenter and Friends ..... :?: Wonder if several guest artists featured on Richard's long delayed album will perform new songs or some other surprise guests :o

Would love to meet up with John Bettis , Joe Osborn ( again) and other Carpenters associates .....

Roll on USA vacation and CPAC 20/3 Event :D

Peter

Peter, I'm so very happy for you that you'll get a chance to go again this year! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back.

Wouldn't it be lovely if Richard DID do some Christmas concerts to promote his new album, which, hopefully, will be released THIS year!! Right here in NJ we have a fairly new center for the performing arts in Newark. Chances of this happening are next to nothing, I know, but I, too, can dream!! :D The 20th is coming up fast!!

Have a great day everyone.

Marilyn

Tony -yes that would be great to meet up and with plenty of other long term fans :)

Will PM you re : details and possible meet ups in Long Beach ...what fun :wink:

Should be several forum members there -will be interesting to compare our experiences and reviews of Richard and friends musical concert :cool:

Peter

Marilyn -will have to find out from Richard -current status for his Solo album and other plans for 2004 :)

Would be great for Richard to perform outside LA this fall / autumn in support of new set in New York , New Haven, Baltimore and at long last LONDON ....(promised since 1985 !) :o

Ideally Richard could consider a longer tour of USA , probably Japan and other countries in 2005 with guest orchestras / support performers :shock:

Peter ....I Can Dream Can't I .....

On the XM broadcast, Richard said he was working on a Christmas album, but did make it clear he would release it when he was good and ready, meaning this year, next year...whenever. IIRC, he mentioned tha he still wanted to record another batch of songs so he'd have enough to pick from to make the complete album. (Knowing his perfectionism, I feel *anything* he records would be good enough to release! :) )

How much are tickets for that.

I would love to go one year.

and is Richard still on A&M Records, and would the new Christmas CD be on that label?

Rudy said:
On the XM broadcast, Richard said he was working on a Christmas album, but did make it clear he would release it when he was good and ready, meaning this year, next year...whenever.

Another validation that Richard releases stuff on his terms no-one elses. Sure the fans might hound him like crazy for stuff but he only releases it when he is ready.

Wow 4 more days.....After seeing Richard on the recent updated PBS special, makes me wish I was going.

Randy, will you be taking pictures like you did that other year you went & showed us the pictures on your website? I hope so.

Also can you provide the link to the other years, Top of the World when you took pics of Richard & the exhibits. I'd like to see those again.

Thanks

Chris,

I will not be attending TOTW this year. I just recently visited Los Angeles while attending a friend's wedding and cannot afford to make the trip again after only a few weeks. I also moved this past summer and have a second child on the way so there are lots of other things needing my attention lately. I hate to know I am missing it, but I'll survive, I suppose! Hopefully some other attendees will share their photos with us!

My pictures from previous events were on a (then-free) photo sharing site that is no longer online. I don't know if I still have them in digital format. I will do some checking. I am sorry they aren't up and ready for viewing!

Randy

Yuka mentioned in an email that she will be there too.

Yuka said:
Hello Carpenters fans,

I do not have any news to inform you regarding Carpenters releases or
activities.
I wish I had something nice to inform you, but that is not the case this
time.

I would like to let you know that 5 Japanese fans are attending Top Of
The World Fundraiser on March 20th at CPAC.
5 people including myself.
We are also attending Sunday Brunch at Queen Mary in Long Beach.
If you are interested in meeting me/my group, please feel free to come
up and say hi if you are attending either or both events.

A few people asked if I would get "Sing" Karaoke disk for them. I am
bringing 10 copies. If you would like to get it for sure, please send me
an email and reserve one. Please indicate where -- CPAC or Queen Mary --
I can hand it to you. Or you can just tell me you would like a copy when
you meet me. First come first serve. $13 per disk with no S&H.
I am also planning to bring some other "stuff". A few things may be
rare, others .... I do not know. If you are interested what I have, let
me know when you see me.
I can also bring things on my website
<http://iceland.cool.ne.jp/yuka/english/Carp/index2.html>
The prices quoted on the web includes S&H. It will be a bit cheaper when
I can just hand it to you.

There must be quite a few of you I have not seen since 1999 convention,
or maybe there are many I have never met before.
I am very much looking forward to meeting you, and I am sorry for the
ones I can not get to see this time.

You are welcomed to forward this email to any of Carpenters mailing list.
If you are writing to me in person, and if your email to me bounces
back, it means my server is blocking your server... @hotmail.com,
@aol.com does not get through. Sorry.... in that case, please send it to
<[email protected]> where I have not set any filter.

All the Japanese coming to CPAC this time is first timers except myself.
They all are looking very much forward to everything.

Thanks,
Yuka

Harry
...an East coaster, online...

Tony -Hope you received my PM re : meeting up at TOTW 2 plus Queen Mary Brunch Fan Meeting 21/3 @ 10:30 hrs :cool:

Hope there are several Forum members attending .....this is going to be wonderful .... :)

Expect several members can update early on TOTW2 and Richard's music performance / new songs etc ...I will be away from work until 30/3...that does sound good ! Will add my comments / observations .... :wink:

Best To All,

Peter

Peter, Tony and anyone else who will be attending, have a safe trip and enjoy your unique experience. Best regards to everyone.

Marilyn,
a little wistful on this morning after yet another 6 inch snowfall

Ding, Dang it,

I want to attend this event...but practicality dictates that I'll be spending the "Fundraiser" in the Pacific NorthWest.

Feeling sorry for myself,

Jeff

Marilyn,

Thanks for the nice wishes. I just arrived in LA yesterday and I'm getting excited about the event. I plan to take lots of pics to share with you all.

Best,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom