Tracklisting on new GOLD release

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Hi all

Does anyone else think the tracklisting on the Gold CD is a little strange?

I find it strange that songs like Maybe It's You, Let Me Be The One and Mr Guder are included. They aren't really reminiscent to me of songs that 'endeared an era'. Most people have probably never heard them before now (not a bad thing if it opens new fans up to their music), but to my mind they belong more on a 'Treasures' or 'By Request' type collection.

If Richard wanted to throw in a few album cuts and singles that barely charted (of which there are also a few), I'd rather have gone for tracks like 'Desperado' or 'When I Fall In Love', which are beautiful and people also know.

I also don't think Richard should have included California Dreaming, it makes me cringe!

Just my humble thoughts - anyone else got any?

Stephen

Yes, I think Desperado and When I Fall in Love would have been excellent choices. I alos think Ordinary Fool should be in there. Dont care for California Dreaming- would rather haveI wonder Why/Youre Just in Love.
Seems to be an interesting mix- we'll see how it sells.

Mark

Other than the inclusion of a Christmas track in the middle of the set, no, I think it looks like a fine compilation.

"Let Me Be The One" is one of the best tracks never released as a single, IMHO.

And I absolutely love the early Karen sound on "California Dreamin'.

Harry
...awaiting the release date of GOLD, online...

Harry said:
And I absolutely love the early Karen sound on "California Dreamin'.

I like her voice okay on this track but I really love and enjoy her vocals in her later years. One thing that this song has going for it is the octave jump. I also like the Mamas and Papas version.

I think what I dont like about California Dreaming is the arrangement. It seems forced. I was anticipating an arrangement similar to the original, which would have been excellent with all the overdubbed vocals.

I agree with you, Harry, Let Me Be the One is probably the best shoulda-been-a-Carps-single ever!

Mark

I agree that Let Me Be the One should have been a Single but I really think that Desperado would have been huge it was released as a single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom