• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Treasures

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Is the Japanes release TREASURES out of print? Most web sites list it as back ordered and it has been backordered for a couple of months!!!

I hope it is not out of print because I still need to add to my growing Carpenters collection! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

This 2-CD set is still available. As a matter of fact, I was at HMV here in Toronto today and seen a copy that's still relatively affordable.

Check the HMV Japan website - I'm pretty sure they still carry it. Good luck!

It was, as well as Richard's solo work "TIME" but it has been re-released a couple of years before and also "Karen Carpenter".

Instead of hunting around for TREASURES,I would recommend getting your hands on the READERS DIGEST 3-CD boxed set-which contains major portions of TREASURES and YESTERDAY ONCE MORE plus a few rarities.The mastering is A+!The READER'S DIGEST set is the best multi-disc collection ever assembled(next to ESSENTIAL),and all 3 discs are filled to capacity(almost 80 minutes on each disc.)
I would say If you owned The READER'S DIGEST set,ESSENTIAL COLLECTION and CHRISTMAS COLLECTION-You probably wouldn't need to have any other album or set,except CLOSE TO YOU and HORIZON.

"I Can't Make Music" remixed is unavailable anywhere else.
Also "Maybe It's You" is the first remix here sequed with remixed "Love Is Surrender".
Richard's liner notes are worth reading, too.

If you're a die-hard fan of C's, you'll be happy to get this one as well as
Reader's Digest; I find its booklet quite amusing to read.

Well I just received "TREASURES" today from Japan. I have to admit, this is worth every single penny I spent. I've been wanting this 2 Cd Collection for a very long time.

All I can say is WOW, this is like having a brand new CD, even though I've heard these tracks oh..soo many times, there like new recordings to me, these re-mixes are incredible, just incredible. I love them.

All of My Life-Just excellent, Karen seems so bright in fact everything about this remix stands out much much brighter. I always loved this track.

Eve-Wow, this remix sounds so much more polished than the original. Karen seems a tab bit more polished in her delivery, the whole track seems smoother, It's like I can hear every instrument clearer, even the tamborine sounds.

Baby's It's You-another wow, man I seem to hear Karen's voice better on this one. I like the new piano also. This sounds just pops on this remix. I really like this one.

Reason to Believe-another great remix, I like the new keyboards instruduced into this one. This song is just soo clear, I can't get over how much better this sounds, simply amazing to me. What a difference between this song & the one on the remastered classics from Close to You. This new remix is really alot brighter, the drums are really clearer, I like this remix.

Love is Surrender-Double WOW, I have been wanting to finally hear this remix on CD, OMG I LOVE THIS REMIX, the start of that drum beat, I love that, much much better, love the feel of that drum beat. Excellent Excellent remix. Again all the instruments seem clearer & brighter to me.

Maybe It's You-THIS IS SIMPLY THE MOST AMAZING REMIX, I AM BLOWN AWAY at this remix, that DX7 Richard used instead of that acoustic piano, really makes this whole track seem better. This is like a whole new song for me. I really love this new remix. Richard says he hopes the listener agrees with the statment that he prefers this remixed to the original, I totally agree, this is a so much more polished song, this is a very cool remix. I feel like it is Christmas in February. Wow!!

Queation about "A Song for You" it says this is a remix with a piano re-recorded in dolby stereo, I'm listening to this on my Sony Sports Walkman, how would this track sound on a dolby 5.1 surround sound stereo system in reference to Richards statement, any differences?

Crystal Lullaby-WOW WOW WOW, I love this new re-mix, I swear the vocals seem so much more brighter & clearer to me. I too could never forget about the original version having that word that sounded like Karen was singing "Tumtimes" I LOVE how Richard fixed this, Now Karen sings, Sometimes, I can hear how he corrected it but it still sounds much much better. I really adore this track much more now with this remix. Simply a great job by Richard on this one. I was really pleasantly suprised by this one.

I Can't Make Music-Another one I've been wanting to hear for long time. Cool that Richard found a genuine pipe organ. It really adds a special touch to this song. I have always loved this track. I love it even more now. Another fantastic remix indeed.

Well I've only listened to this first disc so far. I am blown away. As Richard states in the booklet, these are basic "album cuts", These have always meant more to me than some of their known hits. This is why I love this first disc so much also. These lesser known cuts (not lesser to us of course) are the cream of the crop for me. There great & it's a great collection.

Can't wait to hear disc 2 tomorrow. If I sound really excited, well..it's because I am :D

Thanks for reading my post.

I'll get this set eventually! I really want to here the remix of I Can't Make Music. I just love that song.

Chris, didn't you say you had From the Top. If I am not mistaken some of the remixes of those songs appear on it. Got to check David Grant's site.

I guess "Eve & "All of my Life" is probably the same as From the Top since they were re-mixed the same year.

Baby It's You is not on From the Top

Reason To Believe is not on From the Top

Love is Surrender is not on From the Top

Maybe It's You version from Treasures is totally diff than From the Top different keyboards gives it a very cool feel

Song for You is not on From the Top

Crystal Lullaby is not on From the Top

I Can't Make Music is not on From the Top

You must get this set, it's pricey but worth it.

Again I don't have the essentials collection (don't think I will buy that one too much like FTT) so I can't say what that has.

I still have to get so some items before they disappear. The ones on my list that I just have to have are:

Treasures (Japan)
From the Top
By Request (Japan)
MFSL A Song for You
The Singles 1969-1973 (remastered from Japan)
The Singles 1974-1978 (Canada)
all the promo singles
all the stock singles w/ covers
Chrstmas Portrait CD orignal version from Munich

I'll think of more things over time.

I just ordered Treasures from cduniverse tonight. Thought I would order it from cdjapan because it was cheaper. But when I compared shipping I found that cduniverse was about $2 cheaper.

I'll give you my review of Treasures when it gets here.

Look forward to hearing your review. Of all the sets I've collected this one has to be one of my top favorites, can't believe I waited so long to finally obtain it. I've got Disc 1 in my car now & just the other day was playing I can't make music, I ended up hitting repeat like 6 times, it was that good. :D

...whose spent more money the past year on Carpenters music than I have in a very very very long time, online...

I have a problem. Most of you have been collecting this stuff for the past 35 years. I have only started collecting in the past year. I have yet to get everything I want and it is tough because I want everything now. Or I'm scared that it will go out of print.

I will keep on trying to get all this stuff.

Andrew
...a Carpenters holic who needs to be in CA (Carpenters Anonymous)

Don't forget that the fun-est part about getting new stuff (or older stuff) is the process of finding it and searching (could takes days or weeks or months sometimes years & years (like for me with the Treasures Set) :tongue:, for me it's not just laying down the money (anyone can do that). I like the fun of searching or just stumbling upon something I've wanted for a long time. Like searching a record store & finding a 45 mono single in perfect condition, bringing it home & re-living the magic.

Take your time & you'll find lots of cool stuff.

Yes, but since this site started people have learned about the rare stuff and are grabbing it up quickly. That also caused higher prices. And plus I have no record store in my area :!: The only one is now going out of business because they can no longer get what people want anymore. Arrrggghhhh :!:

Andrew
...still trying to get every Carpenters release, online...

I've been meaning to ask this. On this Treasures Set on the song, "Love is Surrender" Karen is credited as playing the drums.

On this very cool remix, Did Richard enhance Karen's drumming? Did he alter her drumming in any way? How did he get her to sound like she is really loudly playing the drums. I really love this remix version & first time I heard it when I recvd this set.

Just wondered if Richard did anything to Karen's original drum lead on this track. That is where I get fuzzy about "remix" Did he "enhance" it on some kind of machine processor? Is it really still her playing the drums or a processor?

...loving this version, online.

Just got this set today. I thought it was funny that cduniverse took 3 days to process the order when I ordered express shipping. :tongue:

I am only going to review the remixes that I have never heard before.

Baby It's You- I think this song is vastly superior to the orginal but I like the orginal opening piano better. The orginal sounds more like a Carpenters song.

Maybe It's You- I have heard the 1990 remix over and over but never the 1987 remix. I am kind of neutral on this song. Like Chris said, this is a whole different ball game. I like the re-recorded piano in the 1990 remix, but I still love the DX7.

I Can't Make Music
- this is the song that I have looking forward to hearing for quite some time. I absolutely love this remix. The reverbing and the re-recorded drums are perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom