"Tryin' To Get That Feelin' Again" video - where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1234

I heard there was a video made for this song (which first appeared on From The Top). Can anyone share what it looks like?

Hi amit,

I'm glad that young Carpenters fan like you post.

I'm sorry that I have not watched the video. But I read the video was made after Karen's passing and Richard was on there probably in Japanese. I have searched the web, but I could not find it.

According front page of this web,
The other release is a DVD, INTERPRETATIONS, which includes videos and performance footage of songs they covered.

I hope this DVD will include TTGTFA. (But I will be able to watch only in Region 2.)

The song list of "Interpretations" released in Japan(I'm sorry I don't have this DVD) is following:

Without A Song
Superstar
Rainy Days And Mondays
Ticket To Ride
Reason To Believe
Close To You
Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft
Little Girl Blue
Bless The Beasts And Children
Please Mr.Postman
We've Only Just Begun
When I Fall In Love
From This Moment On

I heard original TTGTFA on David Pomeranz.com. But now they are updating the page, I cannot listen to David's version. Barry Manilow's interpretaion was very different from Carpenters' and David's. (Barry wrote several songs with John Bettis.)

Sakura

Hi

I have seen the video and yes, it is simply a collage put together from other videos, it is not an original video.

The use of the footage is quite clever though, at certain points where Karen sings and hold a note e.g. 'to try to get the feeling agaaiinn' they matched her voice up with other clips where she is holding a similar note on another song. The effect is that it looks like a video for this particular song! Neat!!

Stephen

Video Complied for Tryin' To Get Was Released by A&M UK in 1994 to Accompany Single Release :o

It is a Montage of Previous Videos Footage and Richard with Musicians at A&M Studios for Orchestral Surge :)

Had Richard Not Been so Rushed Completing This Video and Had A&M USA , Issued the Single , a Different Video Could Have Been Completed and Released with More Rare Footage :)

Peter

Peter....it amazes me that you are so factully perfect relating to issues of the Carpenters. Can you tell me if there are any copies of the promotion video of When I Was A Carpenter that had clips of the Carpenters and the artists perfoming the songs, and fellow A&M recording artists like Sheryl Crow. And, is there any way to view the Tryin to Get the Feeling video?

Craig

Craig :

Sorry For Delay With Reply.

There Were Several If I Were .......Artist Videos Completed , Sonic Youth's Great Cover of Superstar and Red Kross Yesterday Once More Come to Mind From 1994 .... :)

Really the Best Source of Carpenters Covers and Guest Performances Would be From CPAC Opening Night Performance 1 October 1994 When Richard Performed Several Songs Including the Premiere of "From This Moment On " Music , Music Outtake with Karen on a Huge Screen Looking Down to the Audience ......Wish I Could Have Been There .....Several UK Friends Did and Always Remember a Magical Occasion :) :)

Alongside Richard , Herb Alpert , Rita Coolridge & Others Performed :)

Perhaps One Day Richard Will Release Footage of this Event Plus A Video / DVD of Solo CPAC Concerts :o

Richard Has Not Released Officially on Any Video / DVD , Tryin' To Get .....Probably as This Contains Limited New Footage....Perhaps Richard Could Compile a New Film of Rare Material and Reissue Single Worldwide in 2004 ?

Peter...Video / DVD Compiler .....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom