• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Unidentified TjB Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Recently, I dug out that UK compilation called The Very Best Of Herb Alpert to listen to those shortened mixes of the solo-era stuff. I continue to be amazed at how similar this track listing is with Definitive Hits.

Inside the fold-out insert, there's a photo I can't identify. I recognize virtually all of the others, but this one's a bit puzzling:

tjbvbest.jpg

It's got to be a '60s-era TjB shot with Tonni in there, yet Julius is present. Anyone know the origin of this shot?

Harry
...with questions, online...

Hi Harry,
The photo is so small inside the "Very Best" cover, it is hard to identify. A full size version is printed in the concert program for the 1984 "Bullish" tour with the reunited TJB showing the alumni TJB members that took part on the tour: Nick Ceroli, John Pisano, Herb, Julius Wechter and Bob Edmonson. It looks like a promotional photo made for that tour.

- greetings from the north -

Martin

Harry said:
It's got to be a '60s-era TjB shot with Tonni in there, yet Julius is present.

I also thought it was Tonni when I first got the tour book, but it is indeed Nick Ceroli, sans mustache.

Capt. Bacardi

That explains it then. I didn't see any of the Bullish tour, nor do I have the booklet. (They're always too darn expensive on eBay!)

Thanks guys.

Harry
...mystery solved, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom