website updates (or lack thereof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbett

wanted to share the latest - i received this from the webmistress of the page.

Hello Amanda,

The "Fans Ask" page is nearly ready, however, Richard has revised (and expanded) his answers to questions on drafts, so when he is satisfied and happy with the final, I will post it.

I have plans to include all the albums, Carpenters, Karen Carpenter, and Richard Carpenter products, on the Recordings and Discography sections. It just takes time because as the webmistress, I want to be sure Richard is totally aware of and has authorized everything that gets posted, and that he has the opportunity to give input if he wishes.

The website is produced "in-house" by me, one of Richard's two personal assistants. Richard does not want to hire a website development company to do this because he prefers to have direct the development at his own pace, and with all the time he requires to insure what is posted is material is totally accurate and is given his approval.

The simple graphic approach used is necessary to allow easy and quick production and updates, as I have lots of other things to handle for Richard and his busy family. Richard doesn't mind that the site is not yet "complete". It is my feeling that being part of the process of filling the site, and watching as the material is added, is an assurance to fans that Richard is truly involved.

Thank you for your comments,

Thanks for posting this. :)

I have yet to send my official email to Richard's new site, thanking him for doing this. it just has not been the right time for me to express all I want. But maybe some day.

It really is kinda cool to think that we "fans" now have a direct link to Richard, with our questions & desires. How closer can we get than his own web design team? Cool.

I hope someday Richard could have his own Live Chat on his website & we could ask him a question or two. Now that would be really exciting. The possibilities are endless.

Great news ....I really do not want a state of the art designed website that is impersonal to fans & visitors .....rather something much more accessible for us all :)

Good that Richard is taking more interest in this official website and will contribute actively from time to time :cool:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom