Whats Herb up to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyMo

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I'am wondering what
Herbs doing nowadays, he's still alive right?
And are there any Books (Biographies) on him?

I'm also a Trumpet Player and a Tuba Player and I first Heard the Brass
one year ago today. My cousin has The Lonely Bull C.D. I fell in love with it.

TyMo said:
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I'am wondering what
Herbs doing nowadays, he's still alive right?
And are there any Books (Biographies) on him?

Welcome to the Corner!

Herb is very much alive! These days he's been making guest appearances on other artists albums (such as Gato Barbieri and a Various Artists collection called Maximum Grooves - Coast To Coast). He's also been very busy with his art and sculpture galleries as well as his Herb Alpert Foundation. Hopefully, he'll be out with something new in the near future.

There's no book on him at present.

Capt. Bacardi

Perhaps the highest profile recording he's done lately was on Ry Cooder's MAMBO SINUENDO album...Herb played trumpet on the title track. Some radio stations actually thought the record was Herb's, not Ry's; and that it signalled a comeback. Not quite, but it's a very nicely done cut, if a little short...only about 2:45 or so. Definitely worth a listen!

In addition to what the Cap'n has mentioned, Herb has a jazz club/restaurant in L.A. called Vibrato. He's also been known to be present at Lakers b-ball games sitting beside Jack Nicholson. Herb turned 69 years young on March 31 this year.

In addition to reissues of hisrecords, a lot of us are hoping for an autobiography...Herb could certainly write an interesting book...being the founder of the largest independent record label of all-time, as well as being the largest selling instrumental artist of all time.

Herb has been rumored to visit this site from time to time...but he doesn't post.

Dan

Hi

Thanks for the Info, I agree that a book by Herb would be great,
I know that I'd buy it!
You guys sure know some intresting stuff!

TyMo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom