• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"What's The Use"...from the 'Offering' album/ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
In the song "What's The Use", in the second and third choruses, after "...mountains of wealth, I refuse..." and then Karen sings "...to be somebody's slave for a dime..." Underneath that phrase, Richard sings a line that I have never been able to figure out, Pardon me if that has already been discussed, but does anyone know? -Chris

I've been playing with that part of the song, removing the center channel, etc., and though it's much clearer that way, i still can't make out what the heck Richard is singing.

It almost sounds like:

"...I'll accept a life of crime." or

"...I was set for a life of crime."

but the word 'crime' doesn't sound quite right.

Harry
...best guess, online...

Hi Harry... I too did the phase cancellation deal, and all I could ever get out of it all these years is: "I've put better life into mine...". :confused: -Chris

I always thought it said (something something "life and time." Haven't listened to this one in a while...this'll give me a reason to pull it out again.

Chris May said:
In the song "What's The Use", in the second and third choruses, after "...mountains of wealth, I refuse..." and then Karen sings "...to be somebody's slave for a dime...". Underneath that phrase, Richard sings a line that I have never been able to figure out. Pardon me if that has already been discussed, but does anyone know? -Chris

To me, it sounds like "...to be wasting my time".

Dave

...who gave this "Handy Copy from a recent Record Show" a VERY thorough listen... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom