• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Whipped Cream Pre-Order on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else sense that Rosemary and Blueberry Park are not from the Whipped Cream era, and possibly may have only recently been given those names?

carlito said:
Anyone else sense that Rosemary and Blueberry Park are not from the Whipped Cream era, and possibly may have only recently been given those names?

Not really. I mean, "Rosemary" sounds a bit like something from NINTH or BEAT OF THE BRASS. However, to my ears, "Blueberry Park" definitely sounds as if it was recorded back around the time of WHIPPED CREAM.

Good question, Carlito. I hope the liner notes have dates to verify this information. Then again, as I've said before, I'm just grateful that Herb and Shout! have decided to release these gems on CD. They are most definitely the soundtrack of my childhood...That's Happiness!! :)

Jon

With the sound samples being the way they are it's hard to be really sure, but it sounds pretty close to the Whipped Cream era, maybe even a little before. Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing these on my system! :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

I may be wrong, but I think I hear some slight similarities to Moments from The Brass Are Comin' album...

carlito said:

I don't know about the names, but yes, I feel that the songs are a bit newer than Whipped Cream. They sound more like the Brass after Going Places. I can't wait to hear this in a quality better than compressed internet--to me it sounds like "Blueberry Park" came from the Summertime or Brass Are Comin' era--check out that electric keyboard sound buried in the background. The melody of "Rosemary" sounds more like something that came from the 70s TJB (it's reminiscent of the melody of "You Smile--The Song Begins", for instance), but the instrumentation sounds earlier. We also can't rule out that like Lost Treasures, the trumpet parts may be newly recorded, and that electric piano or keyboard could have been overdubbed as "sweetening".

Very interesting--and it's less than a week away! :D

Steve Sidoruk said:
I may be wrong, but I think I hear some slight similarities to Moments from The Brass Are Comin' album...

I hear them, too...my first thought was that this song is probably from the late '60's. It sounds pretty familiar, like a Frank DeVol tune that could have been featured in a movie. I hear some similarities to WAILING OF THE WILLOW, too. It even sounds a little like PICASSO SUMMER...definitely of that genre.

My guess is that it was probably slated for SUMMERTIME, but got bumped off...

Dan

Rex said:
Whipped Cream incoming. Amazon just shipped mine. :D

:goodie:

I just checked my Amazon sales reports, and nine copies of Whipped Cream have already shipped. I'm guessing that they shipped early so that the discs arrive on the release date. There are several dozen more preorders that are due to ship out any day now as well--watch the mailbox! :D

Cute press release from Shout Factory this morning... :D

The Cherry on Top

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass' landmark #1 album Whipped Cream & Other Delights is the next title out in the Herb Alpert Signature Series. The revered (and remastered) album, along with its titillating cover image, arrives on CD with 2 previously unreleased bonus tracks (“Rosemary” and “Blueberry Park”) plus a pinup poster of the classic cover. It sounds as good as it looks and is in stores next week.

Mine's on the way from our warehouse (which is in Florida) and will get here on release day, but I'm going to be out of town Tuesday and Wednesday so I won't see it until Wednesday night. Oh well, I've been waiting all these years for this album on CD, another day won't hurt ... much. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom