• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Who's gotta MySpace page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if any forum members have MySpace pages?

Mine is www.myspace.com/blacksombrerobrass (it's a TJB tribute band)

We're trying to find more friends to add to our site, so please send us a friend request if you're interested. And it gives me a chance to meet more TJB fans, which is always a good thing!

We've connected with 2 other TJB tribute bands, "Herb" in California, and "Tijuana Taxi" in Finland, as well as many other TJB fans from around the globe.

Thanks!

Dan

57_downarrow_inv_thumb.gif

http://www.amcorner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8079&highlight=myspace

Dave

57_downarrow_thumb.gif

Dan: It seems MySpace is totally "out" now. All the cool people are now on Facebook. It's way better because you can't clutter up your page with tons of graphics and junk, therefore it works a lot faster. (Therefore Dave would hate it.)

Mike,

As my little daughter will tell you, nobody would ever mistake me for "cool." I've heard that MySpace is a little passe, but to me that 's a good thing... There's almost nothing that I like that isn't. :laugh:

I'll investigate Facebook... Do you know if it allows band sites, or is it just for individuals? Less clutter on my page would definitely be an improvement.

Thanks!
Dan

I dumped my MySpace page. Not only were other people's pages so cluttered up that my computer basically froze, but I also got spammed so many times (while I'm flattered that Russian girls want me, I just can't afford those fees! :laugh: ). I do have a Facebook page, but I'm keeping it kind of small. I did find my old high school girlfriend on Facebook, and her brother lives here in Austin, so we're going to try to hook up sometime soon.

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
I dumped my MySpace page. Not only were other people's pages so cluttered up that my computer basically froze, but I also got spammed so many times (while I'm flattered that Russian girls want me, I just can't afford those fees! :laugh: ). I do have a Facebook page, but I'm keeping it kind of small. I did find my old high school girlfriend on Facebook, and her brother lives here in Austin, so we're going to try to hook up sometime soon.

Capt. Bacardi

That line about the Russians reminds me of a littly ditty I wrote:

Internet Bride

I was feeling so lonely
My insides started to cry
Then I goggled on the internet
And I found me a mail order bride
Please don't tell my buddies
See, I still got a little bit o' pride

She showed up at the airport
Foreign passport in hand
Seems she come from a strange place
In a distant strange land
No matter to me, speak English, OK?
I love you no $hit, was all that she'd say

She's my internet bride
Can't speak a lick of English
We spend lots of time makin' babies
And we smile when we finish

We don't have a lot in common
We can barely communicate at all
But she loves me to pieces
And makes me feel ten feet tall
I've never been happier, since we've been wed
Funny how a woman can bring a man back
From the dead

She's my internet bride
Can't speak a lick of English
We spend lots of time makin' babies
And we smile when we finish

Mike

I must admit I am surprised to find a question such as this asked in this particular forum. For some reason I guess I thought most of you were at least twice my age, and most people that old don't do the whole Myspace/Facebook thing. Still, it's nice to find adults who are not complete technophobes, although I am by no means the tech expert that most people my age are. Oh, and, for the record, I have both, but I tend to virtually ignore my Myspace page for the most part anymore and I don't get into much of the overly frivolous stuff on either one.

Yes, I have both, too...

Posting links to songs on YouTube on MySpace is fun and I have met and reunited with a lot of people on each one...

I don't have any preference, but a lot of my friends at MySpace have been introducing me to their Facebook accounts, too... And at first I had been telling my friends at Facebook about my MySpace page and that I more-often go there, but I do both about equally...

Yeah, I agree that it's hard to participate in a lot of the frivolous and what's "virtual" activity, especially on Facebook, too...

(Oops, I've just been Super-Poked!!!)
tag.gif

Dave
tag2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom