• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Why I deserve to win a new coaster set-- ESSAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymnostalgico

I already signed up for an entry and this is my essay.

I deserve to win a coaster set because I am an up and coming fan of TJB. I am also becoming familiar with A&M records history by the information I am constantly reading here at amcorner.com. I am a member in active status of the forum and will become a Gold member in the next two weeks. I have also encouraged others to visit this site to obtain information on everything about TJB and A&M.
In conclusion, I would be pleased to win because I don't own any TJB recordings except for the mp3 files I have in my computer. It would be a great start for my collection and a great way for me to get a start in becoming a TJBphile. [/b]

Just so people don't get the wrong idea....

The coasters will be given away in a random drawing. So, members, don't feel like you're obligated to contribute an essay here because it won't influence the results.

But, fire away with your thoughts! :)

Eh, just because "I wanna win something...!" I never get to win ANYTHING!! :cry:

...hoping my "answer" doesn't count against me... :sad: ...and wondering when the "winner" will be drawn... :confused:

Dave

I'd like to win because my dog ran away, my wife up and left me[well...that wasn't really so bad...], my novel was refused, my movie was panned and my big Broadway show was a flop...if I'd win...then I could cry.

Actually, I'm hoping that when HERB ALPERT'S NINTH is rereleased that Shout! Factory will give away some of those Herb Alpert sweatshirts that I've always lusted for...

Loudon Wainwright lll is gonna kill me for botching up his lyrics...
Dan

Why I should win:

"My wife just burned the scrambled eggs;
the dog just bit my leg;
my teenage daughter ran away;
my fine young son has turned out gay ...."

Lyrics by Sting.

JB

Yeah, you never know what could happen. Maybe a copy turns up and because I wrote an essay, they sympathize with me :)
I am one of those that will try anything! They will at least remember me when this lost copy turns up!! yeah!!!

Like I said, you never know what could happen! I've heard stories in the music industry, especially assistant engineers who never got the chance to do a mix for the greatest artists....happens that engineers get sick and you end up doing the session. You never know!

DAN BOLTON said:
I'd like to win because my dog ran away, my wife up and left me[well...that wasn't really so bad...], my novel was refused, my movie was panned and my big Broadway show was a flop...if I'd win...then I could cry.

WOW, you *must* be based out of Nashville; Do you sing?

J/K kidding Dan...I'm rootin' for ya! :wink: -Chris

Chris May said:
DAN BOLTON said:

WOW, you *must* be based out of Nashville; Do you sing?
Only in the shower...

J/K kidding Dan...I'm rootin' for ya! :wink: -Chris

Thanx...the words are from Loudon Wainwright's song THE MAN WHO COULDN'T CRY. It's on Johnny Cash's AMERICAN RECORDINGS.

I need all the help I can get... :angel:

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom