WRECKING CREW FILM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Denny Tedesco brought his WRECKING CREW FILM to Connecticut last night (April 9th). There was also a surprise intro to the film. Ronnie Spector appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, and sang two of her hits, Be My Baby and Baby I Love You. Longtime Billy Joel drummer, Liberty Devitto, and friends made up the band. Ronnie had a single on A&M in 1969, 1040 - You Came, You Saw, You Conquered / Oh I Love You.

This film is a "must see" for any music fans, but especially for A&M fans. Not only were there many interview clips of Herb Alpert and Julius Wechter in the film, but The Wrecking Crew members played on many A&M recording sessions which became huge hits.

This production is spectacular! Denny Tedesco did an unbelievable job with this. Going in, I knew some about The Wrecking Crew, as I had read Hal Blaine's book, but the synergy here of seeing and hearing the music, interviews and archive film and video just blows you away. This film is both informative and entertaining - truly the soundtrack of our lives.

Help get this excellent film out on DVD by making a donation to cover the cost of the music licensing. www.wreckingcrewfilm.com The attendance from last night's show brought in enough to license another song and the goal now is about $250,000 to get the remaining songs licensed. Almost forgot to mention, Denny said that Herb Alpert donated masters of the five TJB tunes included in the film. Nobody else had done such a thing.

IMG-20110409-00011a.jpg

WC01.jpg

WC02.jpg

WC03.jpg

WC06.jpg

WC07.jpg

WC08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom