You're The One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

This song is probably one of Karen's best recordings, I love the way Karen sings this...so much emotion and feelings just pour out of this song.

I'm not much on Carpenter covers....yet it's really strange to hear a guy sing this song since I'm so use to Karen. This guy does a really good job...in a weird kinda way I hear traces of Karen with her lower registar...maybe it's just that the arrangement is much like Richard's and Karen's. There are not a lot of people that can pull off....let alone sing a Carpenters song properly and do it justice but this is pretty nice.

Has anyone seen this cover?

Not that bad, I wouldn't mind having this guy singing all throughout some diner date of mine. Listened to his Ligia on his Youtube channel and although he's a fairly competent singing professional with a quite good instrument, I wish he would take some more risks at his interpretations, I bet he could do that.

Agree. This fellow is a good singer. I imagine that "You're the One" can be a challenge for most singers, but he acquits himself very well with it.

Hope he finds success in the current music environment.

This is a chill-factor song for me.
Karen shines through with her vocals; Rolling Stone even singled it out as a prime example
of her beautiful prowess in balladry.
Absolutely Stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom