• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Collections Rarities

It was briefly mentioned earlier in the thread, but that Japanese TWENTY TWO HITS OF THE CARPENTERS with catalog POCM-1585 is a rarity and another case of original album mixes slipping through but withdrawn quickly when it was discovered. This one avoided the revving noises at the end of "Yesterday Once More" by fading early.

ODMtNTE0OC5qcGVn.jpeg

I was fortunate enough to find a promo version of it in a mint condition.
Yes this one is rare. I bought one accidentally when I didn’t know there was a withdrawn version and then a friend of mine in Japan found another one for me with an obi.

Yes this one is rare. I bought one accidentally when I didn’t know there was a withdrawn version and then a friend of mine in Japan found another one for me with an obi.
And you texted me to get one when you saw an additional copy! :wiggle:

I noticed a few differences on your advanced copy of 40/40
The Carpenters Logo is missing, this one is just block lettering, mine has the actual logo on each disc.

This advanced copy is definitely the US version because it contains Disc 2 track 18 Touch Me When We’re Dancing.
I don’t have the US 40/40 does this US disc have the Carpenters logo or is it block lettering like this?

My 40/40 (which came from Japan) has Disc 2 track 18 as Leave Yesterday Behind.

EMI Yesterday Once More
Twenty Two Hits POCM-1585 Japan
Christmas Portrait West Germany original version

Those I have, but not the Palladium SHM.

I'd add the Netherlands original version of ULTIMATE COLLECTION that was withdrawn, later to be replaced by COLLECTED.
NDItMzE3NS5qcGVn.jpeg

If it has "Goofus", it's the rare version.
ODQtNjYzMi5qcGVn.jpeg
Just got this on eBay. Great copy. $25

Back
Top Bottom