1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Heard Carpenters

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Carl

Carl New Member

I switched on smooth radio last week and yesterday once more

2. Jamesj75

Jamesj75 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the nod, theninjarabbit! Your memory is accurate. I called TJ Lubinsky's program on two separate occasions, and TJ was welcoming and enthusiastic. Jim Pierson was featured on one of those occasions. The appreciation shown to Carpenters was palpable. I'm usually tied up Friday nights, so I don't get to listen as often. But I am so glad to hear that Carpenters' love (and A Kind of Hush love) is a regular feature. Take care, Friend!

theninjarabbit and GaryAlan like this.
  3. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Yesterday,Carpenters heard in Congress....
    Here:'Hanging around, nothing to do but frown...'

"As House members assembled in their chamber this morning for their expected 9 a.m. session,
    which ended up starting about 15 minutes late, Rep. Tom Loertscher, R-Iona, regaled them with
    Rainy Days and Mondays” by the Carpenters,
    thanks to a bright-yellow speaker attached to his laptop that he set on his House desk.
    Among the lyrics: “Hanging around, nothing to do but frown. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down…”

4. ^^^That's great!^^^

5. Eyewire

Eyewire Active Member

Reviewer shows some love for the Carpenters at the 1:33 mark in this audio gear review:

:)

goodjeans likes this.