• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Herb Alpert & George Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plucky87

How was the relationship with George Harrison and Herb Alpert after his Dark Horse label was dropped from A&M and transferred to Warner. I read that Moss threatned to sue Harrison for over due album. Did the move cause strained relations between Alpert & Harrison afterwards? I thought about this after reading Harrison's Thirty Three & 1/3 cd booklet :

"Learning How To Love You was for Herb Alpert. He was in the studio in Los Angeles doing a new album and asked me if I'd write him a song. He looks very good (wonder what this meant :laugh: ) and although he doesn't often sing his voice is very nice. For my money, the best thing that he ever did was the Burt Bacharach song "This Guys In Love With You", so I thought I'd try and write a vocal, something with that sort of mood..but I ended up recording it myself."- Extracts taken from "I Me Mine" - George Harrison

I love Harrison & Alpert's work, makes me cringe to think that they possibly might not of made up.

Plucky87 said:
How was the relationship with George Harrison and Herb Alpert after his Dark Horse label was dropped from A&M and transferred to Warner. I read that Moss threatned to sue Harrison for over due album.

They did more than threaten, they did sue him. As I recall it went through the court system for years. I believe it eventually was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom