Herb's New Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
The good news is that there are almost 60,000 items being added to Herb's revamped web page; the bad news is that it's taking them longer than they thought to get everything uploaded and into some kind of order. Be patient - it'll be well worth the wait. :D

I checked out the 50th anniversary page to see if it was updated yet and got redirected to (the new)
HerbAlpertPresents.com. Once there it appears that you need to reapply for membership. Once you fill in the form you will be sent an email that details some of the coming attractions and target dates for getting things up and running. In the future the email states that this site will be the portal for all Alpert things. Enjoy.

Just saw the photo of Herb when he was in the Army with his new "hair-do" while in basic training. Had a good laugh at that one. Reminds me of when my hair got shaved off when I was in basic. :whoa:

Capt. Bacardi

The site is now live... but.. its really a soft launch. We are adding new post everyday from this point on. Plus a lot of the new features coming to the site are still in development. This means the site will get better and better. As we get closer to the full launch, I will post the designs here, so you can get an early look.

We have a TON of exclusive interviews, photos, videos, music and more coming. Plus community features and ways for the fans to be part of the site. So keep in Tune :)
Twitter feed (twitter.com/HerbAlpertPres) is live too and will be updated with what is happening daily.

We are going to make the official announcement on Monday. I just thought I would jump in and tell you guys here early.

Oh... and we just released all updated remaster versions of most of the albums, plus a few new exclusive ones like Midnight Sun and Beyond. http://herbalpert.herbalpertpresents.com/music/albums

There is a lot there already, and we haven't even gotten to the download stuff. From what I see, it seems to be patterned on the Facebook-style timeline. You scroll to the bottom, and it adds more.

I also noticed that many of the videos are simply embedded from YouTube and Vimeo, so whatever quality is out there is what's showing on Herb's site. I wonder if cleaner versions will be found and later added or changed? I also see that my VIVA MIAMI special is up there - that's quite nice! It's like getting an endorsement from Herb himself!

Harry

Yes, I see my Hollywood Palace video of the TJB doing "The Lonely Bull" is also on the site. I must've done something right! :D

Capt. Bacardi

Site looks good! :thumbsup:

I just hope the upcoming "lossless" means FLAC, which is the accepted community standard for lossless and not ALAC (or apple lossless), which hardly anyone outside apple supports. All of us who use music servers use FLAC for lossless; it is not the "tweaky audiophile" format that the mainstream press would have everyone believe.

It would be interesting to hear Herb' s trumpet playing with "The Colonial Trio on Harry Babbitt's popular television program "High Talent Battle" hosted by a young Betty White" since he was younger than 17, and although he must have played well to become a "minor celebrity," presumably he did not yet develop his unmistakable style.

Ive been trying to order Beyond and Sun Down Lady and cant seem to get to complete the transactions. They get into the cart and at the point i was able to sign in via Facebook (not my preferred sign in) and then got an order page and I inserted all appropriate info and hit submit and nothing happened...? Hoping my cc did not hit it multiple times or get lost in cyberspace...

Adjani, if you could look into this I would be appreciative. And good luck with the new site!

David Smedley

... and we just released all updated remaster versions of most of the albums, plus a few new exclusive ones like Midnight Sun and Beyond. http://herbalpert.herbalpertpresents.com/music/albums

I know it may be petty, but I noticed that MIDNIGHT SUN and BEYOND weren't labeled as part of the "Herb Alpert Signature Series" like the new CD release of FANDANGO. Is this series strictly applicable to tangible CD releases now? I remember BRASS ARE COMIN', WARM and VOLUME 2 were downloads only and they were part of the series. Just curious.

I just hope the upcoming "lossless" means FLAC, which is the accepted community standard for lossless and not ALAC (or apple lossless), which hardly anyone outside apple supports.
The note on the site DOES say "Apple Lossless" so ...

I Love the new website - loads of stuff to look at and material being added all the time. Thanks to all involved for the hard work! I did notice that Lost Treasures is missing from the Apple downloads - perhaps albums are still being added though.

Dave.....

I see they are cleaning up some of the old TV show videos and while they are not all on Herb's website yet, they are available to look at on vimeo.com

http://vimeo.com/search?q=herb+alpert+presents

It's neat seeing things from The Beat Of The Brass and The Brass Are Comin' cleaned up instead of the grainy videos that most of us have. It even has some videos from the Latin Fandango special.

Capt. Bacardi

As they have better quality clips, they will reside on Herb's servers and the lesser quality will be replaced.

That site could use a "what's new" button. It would be a good idea if it used "cookies" to let you know what there is that you haven't seen yet. It seems like a pretty advanced site technology-wise so I wouldn't think this would be a huge problem, but it would REALLY be a help. It's a bit confusing to navigate, at least till you get used to things being in more than one "category" (i.e. if you look at Lani Hall's page, there's stuff there that also appears when you look at Herb's page and vice versa.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom