Herb's New Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
The note on the site DOES say "Apple Lossless" so ...

Not good...few if any music collectors even use it. Most media servers don't support it. I'll hold off buying and recommending buying these until this is changed. The entire world does not revolve around apple...

Ive been trying to order Beyond and Sun Down Lady and cant seem to get to complete the transactions. They get into the cart and at the point i was able to sign in via Facebook (not my preferred sign in) and then got an order page and I inserted all appropriate info and hit submit and nothing happened...? Hoping my cc did not hit it multiple times or get lost in cyberspace...

Adjani, if you could look into this I would be appreciative. And good luck with the new site!

David Smedley
I, too, am having a problem trying to complete a transaction. Multiple times.

Wonderful site, and all the enormous effort by everyone is appreciated. Not sure if I can order downloads here in the UK though - I've tried and it takes me to the Amazon USA site which prevents me from ordering these....

The same for me. Wanted to buy 5 albums, put in all the sensitive data including the card number, hit SUBMIT... and nothing happened. Tried for 3 times, no success.

Ive been trying to order Beyond and Sun Down Lady and cant seem to get to complete the transactions. They get into the cart and at the point i was able to sign in via Facebook (not my preferred sign in) and then got an order page and I inserted all appropriate info and hit submit and nothing happened...? Hoping my cc did not hit it multiple times or get lost in cyberspace...

Adjani, if you could look into this I would be appreciative. And good luck with the new site!

David Smedley

David, if your still having issues purchasing the music, let me know. [email protected]

Site looks good! :thumbsup:

I just hope the upcoming "lossless" means FLAC, which is the accepted community standard for lossless and not ALAC (or apple lossless), which hardly anyone outside apple supports. All of us who use music servers use FLAC for lossless; it is not the "tweaky audiophile" format that the mainstream press would have everyone believe.

Randy is working on the file format and release dates for the Lossless versions of all the music.

Randy and Adjani,

I was able to purchase and successfully download some MP3 files. Thanks to both of you for all your hard work! Adjani, as a professional software developer myself, I appreciate what you are doing.

The sounds I am hearing are stunning. From the Beyond music, I was particularly blown away by the piece: Interlude: For Erica.

Most of all, I am really enjoying the Fandango CD. I love the energy of this album -- what a great show from Herb and his crew of talented musicians.

Randy is working on the file format and release dates for the Lossless versions of all the music.

Is there a link someone could publish that would be the equivalent of "FLAC for Dummies"? I'm familiar with MP3s, and know just about everything plays them these days, but I've never actually worked with (though I've heard of it often) the "FLAC" format.

Thanks in advance.

Jay - quite a few music playback devices and software programs support FLAC these days. The letters stand for Free Lossless Audio Codec. It's becoming the 'standard' for people who really care about good sound, where MP3 is still the standard for people who do most listening on portable devices. Of course there is the Apple format (AAC) which is hugely popular due to being supported by millions of iDevices, but it's not good for cross-platform use.

I use Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio, which is the "consumer version" of their audio editing software, and it formerly didn't support FLAC but it does now. I suspect most other programs are following suit, as well.

Jay - quite a few music playback devices and software programs support FLAC these days. The letters stand for Free Lossless Audio Codec. It's becoming the 'standard' for people who really care about good sound, where MP3 is still the standard for people who do most listening on portable devices. Of course there is the Apple format (AAC) which is hugely popular due to being supported by millions of iDevices, but it's not good for cross-platform use.

I use Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio, which is the "consumer version" of their audio editing software, and it formerly didn't support FLAC but it does now. I suspect most other programs are following suit, as well.

Thanks for the info, all I really want to do is be able to burn CDs so I can listen to them in the car. I take it that's the cheapest one? I suppose I'll amortize the costs over the numerous downloads from Herb's site that I am eagerly anticipating. I looked at my current "Creator" program, Roxio, and it supports a bunch of file types but not ones with .flac extensions. Not surprising. I've always liked Sony products, so guess I'll go that route. Thanks again.

Herb's new site is awesome. The videos and rare albums are a treat. Thanks to everyone involved.

The clip of Bullish from Soul Train is my fave along with Sunny - so nice to see these clips in HD, rather than the fuzzy ones on YouTube.

My wish list for the video clips: the medley in Germany from German TV in '97, Maniac with Lani and reformed TJB (a HD version?) and Summertime from The Carpenters TV series. Love to see those.

Will we see the Summertime, Coney Island, and You Smile albums for download?

I am curious about the song Ode To The Sun. It's on Herb's Very Best Of VHS from 20+ years ago but not on any album? It is in two parts at the start of the start and end of the video . Such a good track. I converted and boosted with some equaliser to an mp3 and added to a Herb compilation I made - I used it at the start and end of Rise - and as they both in key of F - it fits very nicely at start and end of that track. But I would love to get the full version.

The good news is that there are almost 60,000 items being added to Herb's revamped web page; the bad news is that it's taking them longer than they thought to get everything uploaded and into some kind of order. Be patient - it'll be well worth the wait. :D
rb's new site is awesome.

Is anyone else having difficulty "Signing Up" for the website. I pressed "resend" when my password did not work; I used Internet Explorer" etc. Advice please.

I was a member from a while ago and just logged in without problem. (Using Chrome browser)

[edit: I also successfully logged in using Internet Explorer 10]

Harry

The new site definitely needs some way to recover your username. It has a "reset password" feature but there's no way to find your username.

I haven't logged in for a few months and can't for the life of me remember what I used for a name. So....I hit the reset-password feature, which (strangely) allowed me to reset my password WITHOUT putting in my username. But it didn't tell me what my username IS!

So, I thought, well maybe I really didn't register in the first place, so I tried to create an account...and it says that my email address is already in use with an existing account...but still no way to retrieve the username.

Hmm, guess I will have to write in for support.

Mike: I e-mailed: [email protected]

Everything is fixed now for me.

Response was: "Your account wasn't active. I am guessing you signed up for the email list awhile ago before we launched the site. Your site account was never activated. I just activated it."

Thanks - I used the "contact us" link on the website, but if I don't hear back from that I'll try emailing directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom