• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Karen's Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Listening to this song from the new CD Carpenters Perform Carpenter.

Does this song make you happy or sad when you listen to it?

For me, it just makes me really sad, like I can't believe that she is gone & how I wish she was still with us.

Wasn't it this song that Karen was suppose to hear Richard play before she died but she opted not to go out that night?

Do you think that Richard would have added lyrics to this had Karen not passed away?

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Wasn't it this song that Karen was suppose to hear Richard play before she died but she opted not to go out that night?

Do you think that Richard would have added lyrics to this had Karen not passed away?

The song you're thinking of was "In Love Alone", which appeared on Richard's TIME album. Richard composed "Karen's Theme" in 1988, specifically for the soundtrack of the TV movie.

Murray
...who thinks that "Karen's Theme" is the most beautiful piece of music that Richard ever wrote, but is still filled with sadness when he hears it...

When I listen to her songs, I hear a legend. I do feel sad also because the songs take a whole different meaning. I can truly say that talent like Karen Carpenter will never be accomplished again. She was truly one of a kind.

Murray writes:

"Karen's Theme" is the most beautiful piece of music that Richard ever wrote, but is still filled with sadness when he hears it...

I couldn't agree with you more on this one. I have to tell you that I refuse to even listen to this song unless I am looking for some kind of a release emotionally. I simply can not get around having my mood completely affected everytime I listen to this song. I was just thinking a couple of days ago how cool it is that someone can express themselves so richly with out having to utter a word. This song is at the top of the list when it comes to that. -Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom