• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Corrs & Jesse Harris??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy22

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Corrs special guest in concert with them this summer - the name is Jesse Harris? I noticed Jesse was just added to the Corrs concert at Wolfe Trap in Virginia. Maybe Jesse is the substitute drummer?? Tim.

Some unsettling news about the Corrs' trip through Virginia has surfaced in the past few days. Listed as their opening act for virtually all of their US concerts is Sophie B. Hawkins. She follows them around, opening up for them all the way through their Pittsburgh, PA concert. Then the Corrs were supposed to swerve down for the two Virgina concerts, but Sophie B. Hawkins continues on her own through a couple of PA - NJ concerts on her way to meet up with The Corrs in New York (Long Island).

What's even stranger is that The Corrs had recently booked a special listeners-only WPLJ (New York) concert for August 2nd. That's been officially pushed back to August 24th, which is the date they were SUPPOSED to be in Portsmouth, Virginia.

Calls to the venue in Portsmouth were not conclusive as the venue stated that The Corrs were booked and they knew of no cancellations - nor COULD they legitimately cancel to do another show in New York. Calls to WPLJ confirmed that The Corrs would be in New York on the 24th, and the story there is that the group's organization was trying to find a good way out of the Virginia date, either through a re-schedule or something else.

There are several fans who specifically booked flights to Portsmouth on that date, and it looks like they may be out of luck. Locals, of course, could go on any rescheduled date, but when that would be is certainly up in the air. I've heard nothing to indicate that the Wolfe Trap concert is in jeopardy, other than the lack of Sophie B. Hawkins as a warm-up act.

This nonsense combined with the cancelled dates in Canada have fans scratching their heads about the logic of it all. Selling tickets and then cancelling or changing dates seemingly on a whim doesn't do much for public relations.

My fear is that The Corrs and their management might be in the process of basically giving up on the US. I hope I'm wrong, but the above actions don;t exactly engender confindence. "Summer Sunshine" has done relatively poorly in getting airplay on radio, even though the album recently went onto Amazon's top ten immediately following their appearance on The Today Show, proving that promotion works. Given the lack of support and promotion, most people don't even know that The Corrs exist or HAVE a knew album.

As for the drummer on the North American tour, it'll be Jason Duffy, Keith Duffy's brother, who'll fill in for Caroline. He appeared on The Today Show last week. It's also been announced that The Corrs will appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on August 10th. Set your VCRs.

Harry
...hoping the Boston date goes off as planned, online...

Harry, thanks for the reply. It is truly weird about the Corrs cancellations??? I just hope the Wolfe Trap concert isn't changed or cancelled! I'm so looking forward to seeing them!! I feel very sorry for those who have made plans for the Aug. 24th show in Virginia. I would be HOT if I bought a plane ticket to see a cancelled show! I did a check and believe the concert at Wolfe Trap is basically sold out - only lawn seating available. That's a good sign! However I understand it's a small venue - maybe holding 4,000-5000 or so. I would guess some concerts dates were cancelled because of poor ticket sales. You are right about the Corrs promotion being poor!! I don't know ANYONE who has even heard the new Corrs song on the radio - not even once yet! (At least I have not - nor my family) I remember when "Breathless" was released and it got a good amount of exposure on the radio. Funny how you can have all the talent and looks in the world - like to Corrs do and still with poor promotion you can't impact the American market. Time for the Corrs to clean house and get some folks that know how to promote them - like us for example!!! If you hear anything else let us know. Know anything at all about Jesse Harris who is opening for the Corrs on the 25th of August?? Tim.

Tim

I'm assuming it's the same Jesse Harris who was one of the band members on Norah Jones' Come Away with Me (and wrote "Don't Know Why" as well). He just put out a new solo album (his second, I believe), so it would make sense that he'd be out on the road promoting it.

The Corrs' tour is turning into such a mess! Re Harry's comment, as much as I would hate for this to be the case, I really wouldn't be surprised if the band and management indeed were set to just give up on the American market. Given the pretty sizable support from radio that the band got for "Breathless", I'm really stunned that "Summer Sunshine" has barely been noticed at all. It hasn't even so much as DENTED the Hot 100, and I've still yet to hear it even ONCE on the radio!
(Of course, given the state of radio today, you can't really rely on radio as a sure source of exposure, but, still ... I haven't heard the song even ONCE! It's made me wonder if these stations didn't just chuck the CD out as soon as they got it. Although it didn't help that there was such a long wait between IN BLUE and BORROWED HEAVEN. Radio progammers have insanely short-term memories. My brother and I have LITERALLY heard DJs in our area introduce barely-two-month-old records as being "oldies.")

Jeff F.
NP: Norah Jones "Those Sweet Words"

Our Hot AC station played "Summer Sunshine" for about a month, but get this: it was mostly set to run ONLY overnights. For what reason, I don't know, but I can confirm two, count'em two, daytime airings of "Summer Sunshine." The last I checked it had disappeared from the playlist. Not good news at all for that song.

Harry
...who's done his little part to help, for whatever good it did, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom