The story of "Whipped Cream"

The Whipped Cream cover will certainly outlast the recently deceased Pat Cooper Spaghetti Sauce cover. I think (repeat think) I read that Herb wasn't happy with all those parody covers.

The Whipped Cream cover will certainly outlast the recently deceased Pat Cooper Spaghetti Sauce cover. I think (repeat think) I read that Herb wasn't happy with all those parody covers.
Pat Cooper was really funny - he referred to himself as Pasquale Caputo. He used to be on the Mike Douglas Show a lot.

You're welcome...

patcooperspaghettisauceandotherdelightsfront.png

Ed

Ooooh, and it's in HIGH FIDELITY! 😁 Nice job!

I am actually getting away from having album covers in my family/listening room, but I had often wanted to swap the covers out for the original Whipped Cream jacket and several of the knockoffs, if I could find clean copies.

I'm sure these have all been posted and seen before out here in A&M Cornerland...but, just to give the old kettle a fresh stir:

Rippoff III.jpg

Rippoff II.jpg

Rippoff IV.jpg

I remember when my Mom bought this album. I thought the cover was such a hoot. A lady covered covered in whipped cream. How silly, I thought!

Mom did like that trumpet!

One surprising fact that nobody ever mentions in Whipped-Cream-cover-related articles: The vast majority of what's covering Delores isn't whipped cream OR shaving cream. It's a white blanket, with strategically-placed globs of cream on it.

I'd read that somewhere also, many years ago. (The common trivia is like you say--shaving cream.) I couldn't see Herb there at the photo shoot, emptying can after can of Barbasol on a model. 😁 And the camera doesn't care--if it pulls off the illusion of whipped cream, it's all good.

I'd read that somewhere also, many years ago. (The common trivia is like you say--shaving cream.) I couldn't see Herb there at the photo shoot, emptying can after can of Barbasol on a model. 😁 And the camera doesn't care--if it pulls off the illusion of whipped cream, it's all good.
Herb wasn't at the photo shoot and only saw it when the art director, Peter Whorf, showed it to him later. By his own account, Herb was taken aback: "Holy $#!^! Too racy!"

Back
Top Bottom