• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Whipped Cream Girl has a site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this puts to rest the theory that Cissy Wechter was in the Baja Marimba Band album cover shot...and Sharon Alpert, as well...

Dan

DAN BOLTON said:
I guess this puts to rest the theory that Cissy Wechter was in the Baja Marimba Band album cover shot...and Sharon Alpert, as well...

Totally missed Herb standing there with the trumpet, behind them.

I had never noticed she was also the girl on the Sandpipers' "Guantanamera" album.

How unobservant!!

TonyCurrie said:
I had never noticed she was also the girl on the Sandpipers' "Guantanamera" album.

How unobservant!!
You're not the only one. I'd missed that for years and only found out a year or so ago. She looks very different on the GUANTANAMERA album, the way people sometimes do in certain photographs.

Seeing all of her covers there together on the site, though, makes it easier to see that it is indeed her.

Harry
...just as unobservant, online...

Harry

Just curious: I wonder how much she would have gotten paid for being on those covers. Do those models get a residual based on sales, or do they get another fee when a record is rereleased? Or is it just a one time fee?

Most models just get the photo shoot fee. The fact that these albums were best-sellers, for the most part, would probably get them more modeling gigs. I'm curious if Playboy ever asked Dolores to pose in their magazine? :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

On the "Albums page 1" is a photo of Eric Johnson & Dolores Erickson. Check-out the wallpaper behind them; in particular the whiped cream album cover just above Eric & Dolores's heads. What's that???

I especially like the title of her Whipped Cream watercolor: Whipped But Not Beaten...clever! :wink:

Jon

Captain Bacardi said:
Most models just get the photo shoot fee. The fact that these albums were best-sellers, for the most part, would probably get them more modeling gigs. I'm curious if Playboy ever asked Dolores to pose in their magazine? :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

Dear Forum Members,

Hereby two quotes from Dolores Erickson and Art Director Peter Whorf:

‘It was the first time I ever did a cleavage thing. As we progressed, the lights were so hot. I didn’t realize the whipped cream was slipping (off my chest). I soon was very involved in keeping my propierty. And the secret ingredient was that I was three months pregnant.’

– Dolores Erickson,
The ‘Whipped Cream and Other Delights’ cover girl.

‘One day Gil Friesen asked me if I wanted to do a an album cover for Herb Alpert. I said, Who?
"Later when we did the ‘Whipped Cream’ album cover, I remember we tried it with real whipped cream first, but it was a very hot day, and the studio (a converted garage without air conditioning) kept filling up with flies –and it was slipping off her. So I went and got some shaving cream. We had a wonderful time. I don’t think I’ve ever shot as much film in my life... 30 or 40 rolls."

– Peter Whorf, Art Director

All the best
Aqua do Brasil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom