UK Carpenters night comin up June 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always amazed with this time period with Karen singing what is essentially an album from 1980 called CARPENTERS MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC and a late 79 solo album as well as 81s Made In America Karen maintained a public and apparently studio vitality. The photo shoots from the same time are quite contradictory. For what sounded like a healthy Karen post-HORIZON, what the pics reveal is another chapter. I suppose when you're riddled with talent...true talent, the art is uninhibited. However as much as Karen reportedly love drums I don't see her drumming on three albums concurrently. Drumming is no easy task and singing too? Too stressful but in the early 70s Karen made it seem effortless at my CarpenterS concerts and tv. Little arms, big drumsticks. Little woman big voice. I don't know how she managed to produce music but produce she did. A remarkable feat.

REELZ Unveils Fall 2016 Programming Slate:
Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) August 08, 2016
"REELZ today announced a fall programming slate packed with new original series and specials in addition to the return of viewer favorite original series.
New series include Rich and Acquitted, Hollywood Homicide Uncovered and Scandal Made Me Famous.
New documentary specials include Titanic: Sinking the Myths, Karen Carpenter: Goodbye to Love and Reagan: From Movie Star to President."
-----
" Then on Saturday, November 5 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT it's the premiere of the biopic,
Karen Carpenter: Goodbye to Love,
detailing the singer's life and legacy through interviews from both close friends and Carpenters insiders. "

----
Source:
REELZ Unveils Fall 2016 Programming Slate »

Just saw a commercial for this program on US tv the other day and looking forward to it. Not sure why it took so long to air here after debuting in the UK last summer. I also recall reading the actress they used to double for KC got a good reception here on the forum.

Just saw a commercial for this program on US tv the other day and looking forward to it. Not sure why it took so long to air here after debuting in the UK last summer. I also recall reading the actress they used to double for KC got a good reception here on the forum.
November is one of the television ratings "sweeps" months where the networks throw out special programs or special episodes of tv series to attract additional viewers. The other "sweeps" months are February and May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom