• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What are the BEST Herb Alpert Love Songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

Well, with Valentine's Day around the corner I got to thinking of love songs by Herb. What are your favorites and why?

"To Wait For Love", "Love So Fine" and "This Guy's In Love With You"--just for starters...

Dave

The first one that came to mind was his duet with Lani, "Come What May". That probably ranks tops in my book for love songs by Herb.

But for Valentines Day, the natural has to be "Won't You Be My Valentine" from his "Dore" Alpert days.

Harry

Love Without Words, from Bullish; Can't Stop Thinkin' About You, from North on South Street, and Come What May (which is really a Lani song with Herb on it, but who's counting?)

The more I listen to "Love Is", from Rise, the more I think it qualifies!

(See? I have a "poem" there!)

Well, in a way it conveys a "greeting card" philosophy, & I think it's the only song on that album of that breed (although why do I think "Aranjuez Mon Amor" should also be considered?)

And maybe I DID just think of TWO MORE! ^

Dave

My own personal list would include (for obvious reasons):

Won't You Be My Valentine
More And More Amor
This Guy's In Love With You
I'm Getting Sentimental Over You
All My Loving
What Now My Love
Our Day Will Come
I Will Wait For You
You Are My Life (even though I'm not crazy about his vocal work here)
I Get It From You
Love Without Words
The You In Me
It's All For You
Pillow
I Need You
All The Things You Are
Wherever You Are
My Funny Valentine
Rendezvous
Until We Meet Again
Can't Stop Thinking About You
You Smile - The Song Begins
The Lady Needs Romance
Love At First Glance

Capt. Bacardi

It was The Brazil 66' that surgically guided my glands through puberty. :oops: I think my favorite HA & TJB romantic/love song would have to be 'A Taste of Honey'. later....Jay

Just a few here, all vocals for now:

This Guy's In Love With You
To Wait For Love
You Are My Life
I Get It From You
It's All For You
Pillow
Love Is

If I get time, I'll think of a good instrumental "make-out album"... :D

"Making Love In The Rain" off Keep Your Eye On Me, but any "set" would have to start off, as Harry says, with "Won't You Be My Valentine" for his "Dore Alpert" period...

--Mr Bill

Well, now that you mention Keep Your Eye On Me, and this thread is geared towards Valentine's Day, how 'bout "Diamonds"...????!!!!

Dave :laugh:

Dave said:
...how 'bout "Diamonds"...????!!!!

Dave

If you listen to the lyrics you'll hear that other than the subject of "diamonds" this really isn't a "love song."

--Mr Bill

For the "gold-digger" in your life then! :jester:

OK, maybe I should turn to Lost Treasures... "I Can't Go On Living Baby Without You" and "And I Love Her", I think should stir up romantic moments...

--At least, to "this guy"...!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom