• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Album covers - A SONG FOR YOU *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin R Murty said:
I think he hated the Now & Then cover because the window of the car sort of blocked part of Karen's face, or something like that...

This is true. They were out on the road when the artwork was being done for the album. Richard was furious that they cut Karen's face in half because of the quarterlight window frame of the car. They tried to make the two halves of her face look right and the artwork went back and forwards to him whilst out on tour and I don't think he was ever happy with that cover.

The ASFY cover was ingenious with its flap embossed with CarpenterS logo. I loved the portrait. The most up to date pic of the duo thus far. The innersleeve was fun for me because of the lyrics and consistency of paper used thru-out. Original issue I'm talking here. I love the presentation of book-ending tunes. I was happy deep in the throws of my discovery. In a Seattle record store Dec of 72 there was a life size cardboad poster of the now famous ASFY portrait. I hustled my 8y/o self inside and left with the prize only minutes later. I must've been quite persuasive. Maybe the obsession was ridin on my sleeve.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom