• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: BRYNDLE (A&M SP 4278)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
BRYNDLE
Bryndle

A&M SP 4278 (Unreleased)

aotwgeneric.jpg

A wealth of writing and performing talent is contained in Bryndle, which recorded an album of unreleased (thus far) material for A&M in 1970. Only a single ("Woke Up"/"Let's Go Home" # 1252) was released. The members are Andrew Gold, Karla Bonoff, Kenny Edwards and Wendy Waldman. All have since developed successful solo careers.
The fate of SP 4278 has been the source of conflicting stories. It was rumored that the tapes were misappropriated from the studio, but there are reports the recordings exist but band members' opinions differ on whether they should be released.
In 1995 Bryndle reunited to tour and record a second self-titled album. Early last year a third album, HOUSE OF SILENCE, was released. It is available exclusively through the official website.
For more information visit:

www.bryndle.com

JB

I have copies of a bunch of Bryndle stuff (more than enough to comprise an album circa 1970)...Got them from someone who got them many years ago from a source at A&M. They are definitely not the master tapes, but good sounding copies on 7.5" reel, clearly used internally at A&M (not bootlegs or Nth generation crap).

It's good stuff, and I don't know why A&M chose not to release it at the time. Some of it is really good.

I read some time ago that someone at A&M (well, Vivandi/Universal more like it) had gone back and transferred the Bryndle stuff to the digital domain for archiving purposes. So if that's true, then the master tapes haven't disappeared.

Q

Thank you; that's hopeful news. As an early A&M completist I'd sure love to see this album released. Or at least made available through the 'bryndle.com' site.
JB
PS: This "Q" signature rings a bell (beyond association with Quincy Jones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom