• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Baja Marimbas New Deal finally about out

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
Bruce Kimmel announced on Haines His Way yesterday that New Deal is finally about to see the light of day on Kritzerland, with some new bonus tracks. Cover will be different than the original release.

Wonderful this is excitng news for us bmb/wechterphiles i have the original cd version but bonus tracks are always a plus any unreleased material by baja marimba would give us completists and collectors something to smile about.

I hope the re-release of "New Deal" includes any and all tracks the Baja Marimbas recorded that weren't included originally. The first cover was OK, but since it's Julius Wechter's last album, a photo of him would be better, preferably with the group. A full-size, color version of the one on the back cover of the original CD would be appropriate, especially with the man facing away in the background, echoing all those delightful BMB album covers.

Charles

Oh yeah the whizzer as the man with his back turned wechter was asked about that so i read somewhere but yes the cover should resemble more the classic bmb covers as a tribute to wechter its a shame that new deal was his last be glad its coming back especially for those who missed out on it the first time i would buy it for the bonus tracks since i have all the bmb lp discography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom