• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Best Carpenters Mashups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolman

Simple Man, Simple Dream
Apologies if a thread on this topic already exists somewhere in the archives.
Ran across another mashup on YouTube last night that I hadn't seen before (link below) despite it being there for several years. Although I'm not crazy about the changes to Karen's vocal, the concept rocks. Wonderwall is still the gem, but I really enjoy both.
What others am I missing?

There was a remix of "Occupants" done around 1998 by a Karen sound-a-like named Jackie Clune. I think they used Karen's video, but Clune's voice for this one. Sounds kinda cool, though.

That "Calling Occupants" is unreal! :laugh: I never imagined using Kraftwerk's "Pocket Calculator" in a mash-up...

I'm laughing so hard at that last one I've got tears in my eyes! Thanks for posting it, Chris. Whoa, those Carpenters kids were hard rock!!
:laughup:

...and ran across this while looking up the Clune remix, a video "mash" of my two favorite things from the '70s, Carpenters and Star Trek. Think I've been beamed up to nerd heaven!

I think it's hilarious that the scene featuring Balok all wavy on the viewing screen (from "The Corbomite Maneuver") was timed to coincide with Richard's vocal "We've been observing your earth..."

Not really a 'mash up' as it's live but this is one of the strangest - yet most effective - of them all.

Orbital v The Carpenters.

Orbital only started overlaying Karen's vocals onto this track, a favourite of their concert audience, from 2012. Obviously the person who exclaims "who's this?" at 0m50s wasn't aware of this amendment :laugh:

Fantastic to hear Karen's voice ringing out through the Royal Albert Hall, where the Carpenters themselves played many years before. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom