• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Bless the Beasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Song4uman

Have recently been purchasing all of the singles.....

I also bought "Bless the Beasts.." as a single....Japanese version....it is the soundtrack version.

Is the vibraphone in the beginning the only difference, or is this a complete different recording??

jonathan

The first time I heard the soundtrack version, I could have sworn that something other than the vibraphone was different, but I couldn't put a finger on it. I'm still not sure if any of the lead vocal is different - but for sure, it IS a different mix.

The soundtrack version came first, and they altered it for inclusion on A SONG FOR YOU.

Harry

There are two distinct differences from the single version and the soundtrack version.
Aside from the vibraphone appearing throughout the tune, Karen's vocal on the choruses are distinctly louder. ESPECIALLY in the first chorus, where she sings, "Light their way"....it's WAY up front and sounds fantastic.
I discovered these differences when I finally found a copy at "Record Bar" in Kansas City during the summer of 1974. I was 12 at the time, and it really jumped out at me.

Thanks for clearing that up! I never could tell if it was a different lead vocal or not, just assumed it was a different mix with the vocals more forward. But wasn't totally sure.

Thanks for clearing that up! I never could tell if it was a different lead vocal or not, just assumed it was a different mix with the vocals more forward. But wasn't totally sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom