• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

bootleg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people get away with charging these prices for these cds!! :shock:

It is a bootleg, for sure, someone has just made a nice cover for it. I have this on cd and the quality is not all that great I can tell you. There are plenty of bootlegs around that are much better quality than this one.

Laura

Hi Mark,

The song's on the oldies medley are:

Little Honda
End of the World
Runaway
Shu boom
Daddy's Home
Johnny B Good

Note: This is all one medley, not three different like the seller suggests.

Laura

If that's the whole medley, then the good people of Connecticut got shortchanged. I have my own personal recording from that concert tour (Bill Hand replacing Tony Peluso) from here in the Philadelphia area. The oldies medley included:

Little Honda
End Of The World
Runaway
Da Doo Ron Ron
Leader Of The Pack
Johnny Angel
Book Of Love
Sh-Boom
Daddy's Home
Johnny B. Goode

It's the exact medley that's contained on the Live In Japan album from that tour around '73 - '74.

In this particular Philly concert I attended at the old Valley Forge Music Fair, things came a bit undone. First, as they were heading into "Mr. Guder", Bob Messenger announces to Richard that his bass isn't working, so he has to grab a different one. When he's about to be featured on the electric flute, Karen adds, "If it works!".

As Karen does the intro for Cubby O'Brien on drums, the next tune is "Jambalaya". The band starts up as Karen is introducing the song. Bob Messenger flubs one of the opening notes and Karen scolds him publicly by saying, "...and if we decide to play it right I think you might recognize it, it's Jambalaya." Just then substitute guitar player Bill Hand flubs yet another little section, coming in too loud and jus a little off! But thtey managed to get through the song. Nothing like live performances!

Harry
NP: Carpenters Live At Valley Forge Music Fair, homemade recording.

Harry,

I have a recording from the Valley Forge Music Fair from 1975. Is this the same concert that you attended? They did the oldies medley in this concert that you mentioned. They also performed a full live version of 'Only Yesterday' which was nice to hear in it's entirety.

Laura

Laura,

Yes, I was in attendance at one of the 1975 concerts at Valley Forge, though it's not one that I have a recording for. After having snuck in cassette recorders for both the 72 concert at Philadelphia's Academy Of Music and the 1974 concert at the Valley Forge Music Fair, it somehow didn't seem necessary at the time to risk doing it again in 1975, nor the last Carpenters concert I saw at the Dell West (now called the Mann Music Center), which I think was 1976.

Now I wish I had.

Harry
...on a quiet Sunday afternoon, online...

Harry,

Oh, now I am very envious... :) I would of loved to of seen the Carpenters perform live. I'm sure you have some wonderful memories from those concerts you attended.

Would you like a cd copy of the Valley Forge 75 concert? The quality is exceptionally good considering it was taped from the audience.

Laura

It's illegal to sell bootlegs on EBay because it violates their policy. Don't have anything against bootlegs, but if an online auction house tells me not to sell any, there could be all sorts of trouble. :!:

I have nothing against bootlegs either, I love to hear anything 'new' as such on the Carpenters that I can.

What annoys me is the sellers who sell these and make so much money out of it! It just seems wrong to charge fans and make a profit out of it I think.

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom