C&T: Lonely Night/Shop Around pic slv

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveK

I have a picture sleeve for a single by Captain & Tennille, "Lonely Night (Angel Face)" b/w "Shop Around". I don't have the record, just the sleeve. The record # is AM-8600. Is this in the Forget Me Knots series? I've never seen a picture sleeve specifically for a single in the A&M oldies catalogue. Are there other pic sleeves for the Forget Me Knots? :?:

That's indeed a number in the "Memoires"/"Forget-Me-Knots" series. While I've never seen that particular one, there are a few others in that series with their own pic sleeves:

Bryan Adams "Christmas Time"/"Reggae Christmas" 8651
Carpenters "Christmas Song"/"Merry Christmas Darling" 8620
Carpenters "Honolulu Nights"/"I Just Fall In Love Again" 8667

While large chunks of the "Memories" line are still available and still being manufactured (!) I recently learned form my local used/collectors shop that the "classic" 45s now available -- regardless of the original label -- are almost all from a comapny that contracts the rights from the majors. They still use the label of the originator (in our case, here, A&M's pink & white "Memories" label). In retrospect it's not such a surprise because the labels themselves no longer press vinyl and this deal means they don't have to...

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom