"Carmen" - mono/stereo difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I can scarcely believe that we've never touched on this here, but my searches didn't show anything - and when I heard it, it was like a new discovery.

While throwing a bunch of TJB 45 sides on CD-R, just for clean-up and preservation, the middle part of "Carmen" jumped out at me. Just as the track goes into Herb's slow solo in the middle, a ton of reverb that's not found on the stereo version can be heard on the mono 45.

I couldn't find this one mentioned in any of our prior mono/stereo discussions and thought I'd give it a mention here. My copy is a garden variety stock copy of A&M 890 with "Love So Fine" on the flip.

Am I going crazy or is this really something we've never discussed or noticed?

Harry

I have that single buried somewhere--I may need to dig it out and give it a spin once I replace my cartridge. (I wore the sucker out. :laugh: )

harry how you doing? your right the reverb is on the mono single and I believe there was discussion on this topic a while back as my memory serves lol. and you have some single releases that are different from the stereo album. like on mexican corn from the volume 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom