• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenter musicians and associates that have passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr J.

The 30th anniversary of Karen's death is here-and I thinking about the fact that many of K&R's musicians and associates have passed.For those forum members who are unaware or just curious,here is a "starting" list of those who have passed.Please feel free to add other Carpenter-related deaths that you are aware of-including year of passing,if known:

PETER KNIGHT-did arrangements/orchestrations for K&R's 1977-1981 albums. Died 1985
JACK DAUGHERTY-produced K&R's first four albums. Died 1991
JOE GOTTFRIED-Richard's business manager 1984-1994. Died 1994
BILLY MAY-did arrangements/orchestrations for "Horizon"/"Christmas Portrait". Died 2004
TONY PELUSO-K&R's guitarist. Died 2010
FRANK POOLER-co-wrote "Merry Christmas Darling" with Richard. Died 2013 (last week)

Yes, Peter Knight did work with Richard extensively on "An Old Fashioned Christmas". I'm guessing it must have been his last major project before his passing, but I could be wrong.
FYI....Gil Friesen also passed away last month, and Roger Young and Mark Rudolph have been gone for a while, too.

I did overlook this important fact-Peter Knight actually did most of the arrangements on "An Old Fashioned Christmas"-He arranged five of the vocal tracks(in 1978),and all the instrumentals(in 1984).Billy May did the arrangement on "He Came Here For Me",and (of course) Richard arranged "Santa Claus...".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom