Carpenters, Another Song remix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRCFan

I was just viewing the "Close To You - Remembering The Carpenters" dvd, in particular the bonus material listing their discography. There is a section that indicates all the remixed songs. "Another Song" from the album "Close To You" is listed. I have all the Carpenters remixes EXCEPT for "Another Song". I wasn't even aware this song was remixed. Now that I know this, I'm going to go crazy finding a copy of this remixed version of the song. I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction where I could obtain this for my Carpenters collection. Most likely this was on a Japanese release....I thought I had them all but this one slipped by me. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

To my knowledge, a remix of "Another Song" has not been issued. It very well could have been remixed but not ever put on a compilation...

However, that list on remixes on the DVD isn't exactly accurate, either. Songs like "There's a Kind of Hush," "One Love," "From This Moment On" and the Oldies medley from NOW & THEN (which has been remixed twice) aren't on the list, so I think whoever put that list together might just have made a mistake.

David

The "Another Song" remix has only appeared once, on the Japanese compilation SWEET MEMORIES (out of print). I don't have this CD, but a fan that does sent me a mp3 of the remix. It differs from the original in that it has a totally different bass line (recorded by Joe Osborne, replacing Gary Sims' original bass part).

Murray

Yep, Murray. And it's really neat.
I was blown away to hear the remix as Osborn's bass added more edge to the song. When I was a teenager and heard the original version, it was not so attractive since I thought this musical piece was just psychedelic rock by the Carpenters but I loved Karen's vocals.
In fact Richard's instrumental part was not so fun and a tad long for me.
I was amazed at Osborn's talent because the remixed version didn't sound so dull as before and did sound as if it had been revamped.

These series of 6 cds are still available through Senshu-kai at 1900 yen each and used cds of these discs are sometimes at Yahoo.Japan auction for better prices.

Another song appears on disc #4 titled AT LAST

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/53183408

Yes.
I would like to congratulate the highest bidder.
Still I don't believe these are worth more than $84.
I hope anyone looking for this set will get them at a reasonable price.

Oh Yeah I have seen these before, I never really understood what they were since the Carpenters picture did not appear on the covers. Are they bootleg cd's or approved by Richard's release?

I guess it you look at this as a whole the price is not bad since there are some many, each would be less than 20.00 bucks, still I'm with you, I don't think I would pay that much for these.

The funny thing is that these are official merchandise with Richard writing an introductory remarks for each disc.
If they were bootleg, the price would be prohibitively expensive.
So this approved series of cds would have been purchased by lots of Senshu-kai members and therefore the price should be knocked down considering that they are not sealed.

IMHO, the artwork for these cds are just fine. using pastel colors.
The only photo of KC & RC included here is that of that A&M Classics series.
As each cd is given a certan theme, so Richard seems to have been able to present a new impression with these different groups of their selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom