• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Christmas review from 2013

I sincerely appreciate you posting that A&M Retro. Obviously I love reading anything I can about our favorite brother & sister.

I suppose we can all continue to be baffled by Carpenters music being described as "kitsch."
Here's from good 'ole Mirrium Webster:

1. : something that appeals to popular or lowbrow taste and is often of poor quality. 2. : a tacky or lowbrow quality or condition.

It just doesn't apply. Popular, I suppose, but lowbrow? Poor quality? I don't get it, honestly. :sad:

I sincerely appreciate you posting that A&M Retro. Obviously I love reading anything I can about our favorite brother & sister.

I suppose we can all continue to be baffled by Carpenters music being described as "kitsch."
Here's from good 'ole Mirrium Webster:

1. : something that appeals to popular or lowbrow taste and is often of poor quality. 2. : a tacky or lowbrow quality or condition.

It just doesn't apply. Popular, I suppose, but lowbrow? Poor quality? I don't get it, honestly. :sad:
My pleasure, Bartog! And I couldn't agree with you more. I think half of the time, these writers feel the need to slam them just to bring up their 'hip' quotient with readers. So silly.

Exactly! Like when the guy says at Christmas time I listen to them for the same reason I turn the knob the rest of the year. 'Tis the season to hear some tacky, low quality music that is beneath me the rest of the year! Depending on his age he's the guy with a Carpenters album smuggled in under his Led Zeppelin T-shirt we've heard so much about. He jingled all the way home from the record shop with sweat on his brow I bet.

Back
Top Bottom