Carpenters Revisited: A Fresh Look at The Singles 1974-1978

Mark-T

I just wrapped up this lengthy article and thought you'd enjoy it.
It's the latest in the series which reviews their albums one by one. It also covers the impact of their music and career in my life as well as growing up in Southern California during some pretty great years.

Next, I'll cover Christmas Portrait and then Karen's solo album (for reasons I'll explain.)

Here's a link to the article. Enjoy!

Great job - I love reading these. You should make them into a book ! They are so detailed and the pictures are great. Will you be reviewing any compilations at some point?

Great job - I love reading these. You should make them into a book ! They are so detailed and the pictures are great. Will you be reviewing any compilations at some point?
Thanks, Carl. I MAY get into the compilations, but honestly, the research takes a lot of time. I'll probably stick with the studio releases fist. I am toying with one very special project t, though. We'll see. :)

Excellent write up Mark.
I remember this UK Singles 74-78 LP/CD which I first saw in an advert by mail order only. I ordered it by mail that is how I got my CD version. The back of my CD cover says it was made in Canada and distributed by A&M Record in Canada. Recently someone gifted me the gold foil UK LP and I love the gold embossed raised texture of the LP cover, very regal looking.

Thanks to Rick, I was able to add a few new photos -ones I had not seen before- to this post. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom