Carpenters Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I was thinking about visiting California after I get back from my 2 week trip to Costa Rica. I want to go out there and visit all the Carpenters sites. I think it would be a fun and educational experience.

I was thinking about the Hollywood Walk Of Fame star and I started researching the Carpenters star. I could barely find any information on it. Does anybody have the address of where it is located and some pics of it. I would really aprreciate it. :)

...signing off at a late hour...

According to CarpentersConnection.com,
It is situated at 6931 Hollywood Boulevard.

Why "THE CARPENTERS"?

I have seen "Karen Carpenter" Star on the web before. Would you tell me where it is? Isn't it on Hollywood Walk of Fame?

Sakura

Hi

There is no Karen Carpenter star on the Walk of Fame, doubt there ever will be seeing as they were recognised as a duo.

In actual terms, as opposed to the address of the star, its right across the road from the Roosevelt hotel (which you can't miss with its huge red lettering). The star is almost level with the main entrance of that hotel, but across the road, on the Mann's Chinese Theater side. That address Sakura posted is correct but if you'd given me the address of it, I wouldn't have had a clue where to start :tongue:

To find it, stand at the entrance doors of the hotel, then look for the nearest crossing, slightly over to your right. Cross that, come back on yourself and bingo! There they are!

I stayed there twice and it's a fantastic hotel, especially the Cabana rooms, which have their own courtyard with swimming pool, palm trees (oh the palm trees in LA!!!) and cocktail bar.

Imagine my delight when I realised I wouldn't have to go traipsing the length of the walk to find my heroes' star - it was right across the street! :)

Stephen

The stretch is much longer than I anticipated. Finally my persistence paid off... CarpenterS! I was disheartened to note that they required some restoration. I'm certain this was performed as the Stars on the Walk are well maintained. However the area it is in surprised me. The Walk was riddled with pedestrians. Gum stuck too and around the Stars. Litter about. Cheap shops pushing memorabilia. Still, the area was fascinating.

Djn

Exactly how I remember it! I think when I was there the first time, I also noticed their star looked very drab and worn. There was also milkshake spilled all over it. The stretch is teaming with tourists and there are lots of tacky souvenir shops, but in the past two or three years they've gone a long way to renovating it (subway link to Hard Rock and other key places in LA). :)

This was especially necessary because they just opened up the prestigious Home of the Oscars auditorium, right down the street, and we can't have our major Hollywood celebs stepping in gum and milkshake now can we@!!>? :blinkeye:

Stephen

When I viewed with other Carpenters fans -Hollywood Star this Spring 2004 -the star was clear and clean ....certainly with Hollywood and Highland being built and active -area is better tended than many years ago :o

Along with Carpenters Star opposite famed Roosevelt Hotel are a group of Carpenters related associates :

Herb Alpert
Jerry Moss
Burt Bacharach
Paul Williams
Jerry Weinthaub :cool:

Further down at Hollywood & Vine is the world famous Capitol Recording Studios / Record Offices -where Richard has frequently recorded / mixed & mastered Carpenters , Solo & production projects :)

Henson Studios (Ex A&M Studios / Offices) are around the corner of Hollwood on Labrea Avenue :cool:

All in All -plently to view on any planned visit :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom