• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Japanese album set pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
After posting a picture of OFFERING in the "Ticket To Ride" thread, I got a request from a member to post more pictures of what's in the Japanese 35th Anniversary Collector's Edition set. Here are some representative pictures:

DSC01049.JPG DSC01050.JPG DSC01051.JPG DSC01052.JPG DSC01053.JPG

On HUSH, I tried holding open the cardboard jacket to give a sample of the inner printing, but it turned out a little blurry. I think I was too close to the lens.

Each disc comes housed in a cloth innersleeve with a paper insert representing whatever was on the actual innersleeve, LOVELINES had no innersleeve.

I did pictures of the albums that had some kind of unique packaging or label configuration. The Christmas albums and the others are straightforward representations of the way they appeared in LP form.

Harry

Those are very cool pics, Harry. Thanks for posting. Makes me wish I had grabbed that set now.

What's the CD just to the left of the book in your last picture?

Hey that looks just like my set. :D

The detail is really amazing, I just love this set, colors are so nice with great detail. This set along with the new Singles Box are 2 that I am very happy I purchased when I did. :thumbsup:

I like the repro record labels they used on the CDs. Same for those innersleeves. Very nice!

Does the A SONG FOR YOU cover have that same embossed paper that the "original" original did? (I think the remake of the cover did away with the embossing, at least later in the run.)

Yes, the embossing is there on A SONG FOR YOU, as it is on CARPENTERS (you can sort of see that one in the picture where the flap is folded over and you can read the inverted logo that's embossed).

These are even exact down to the texture of the outer covers. Some were more matte-finished than others originally with a linen-like weave. These are down to the last detail!

Harry

Harry,

Thank you so much for posting these. Boy these overseas releases may be expensive but they often give you such detail in artwork and great audio (from what I have heard on my Live in Japan and Palladium CD's.)

Maybe someday I will own this set. Is it even still sold over in Japan or through a web site?

Harry,

Cool pictures....perhaps Universal or Richard could use your talents for some future official CD / DVD or specioal releases .....:cool:

I stored some items last year & amongst these for some strange reason i placed this 35th Aniv set .... sadly this was stolen ....obviously the thieves knew about valuable releases or ...were Carpenters music fans .... :wink:

Peter

AandMFan said:
Harry,

Is it even still sold over in Japan or through a web site?

It's out of print - a limited edition - common practice in Japan. But one thing you can almost count on is that something like it or better will come along in the future. There was also a 30th Anniversary set that was nearly identical, but didn't include the two Christmas albums. This one did.

The other course of action would be to locate a set on eBay (or other 'used' avenues) if you're serious about acquiring it.

Harry

Yes, I didn't take photos of every disc. I just wanted to give a representative idea of how these looked.

Harry

I wonder what this set is going for now? I remember paying $309.00 total for this back on Jan 2004 when I recvd this box set from Japan. I can't believe it's been more than 3 yrs since this release.

I also was searching older threads here and PJ had posted back on Jan 2004 that Yuka said that this edition was limited to 2000. Is that the consensus here?

I would accept 2000 as a good number. As I recall there was a thread where we all posted our set numbers. Mine is 000320.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom