Carpenters Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i am not mistaken and having read this in one of the newsletters from the Old Fan Club days I believe it was the A&M Art department who created it.

I like the logo so much that I had it tattooed to my arm. It turned out nicely and the artist assured me that this one is "unique" in that there probably aren't alot of people sporting CarpenterS tattoo's. When I can, I'll post a pic of it. I'm real happy w/the end result. It seems that when someone under 25 y/o sees it they invariably ask "what's CarpenterS"? Sad to go thru life w/o a clue...aint it?

Sunny and 74* in P-town,

Jeff

Some people under 25 know who the Carpenters are. Look at me I'm 14 :!: In my freshmen class they would prefer the Carpenters to Brintney Spears.(Anyone in their right mind would :!: )'

Would love to see a pic of your tatoo.

Hey Andrew!

You have exceptional taste! Glad to hear that K@R are still reaching the masses and recruiting new fans along the way. I'm curious tho...how were you introduced to CarpenterS? I joined the old Downey Fan Club when I was seven y/o. Been fanaddictly addicted ever since. Seems that the music always touched me deeply and I have always found great pleasure in the overdub work as well as Karen's vocal deliveries. Oh and by the way...I'm 40 now.

Greatful for the legacy,

Jeff

Lets not get way too off the topic :D

But anyway, I've probabl heard some Carpenters songs all of my life from the radio, movies, etc. The first time that I heard the Carpenters and I knew who they were was back in August of 2001. One of my teachers had the Singles 1969-1973 CD and she put in on while we were taking a test to relax us. The first time I heard it I was hooked.

From then on I have become a true die hard fan and own these CDs.

(1)-The Singles 1969-1973
(2)-The Singles 1969-1981
(3)-Love Songs
(4)-The Essential Collection
(5)-Carpenters Perform Carpenter
(6)-Horizon
(7)-A Song For You
(8)-Yesterday Once More
(9)-Startrax
(10)-Christmas Portrait-8 track and CD
(11)-Christmas Collection
(12)-Anthology
(13)-Carpenters-original vinyl release
(14)-Close to You-later vinyl release
(15)-Live in Japan
(16)-Karen Carpenter
(17)-Gold DVD
(18)-20th Century Masters

I have wanted to get a tatoo forever, but I was always unsure what to have done. I couldn't find just the right words, or picture that represents what I am all about.

A Carpenter logo tatoo. How perfect. Everyone that knows me would say , "Yep that's the perfect tatoo for you".

Do post a picture please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom