• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters on Glee - Now with MP3 SAMPLE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... how predictable... well, it's a TV series, thus it's predictable. I'd rather have the sex maniac plot.

But hey!!! They are NOT the same couple, there's the first one with the star on the tree and the second one kissing at the hall!! Maybe she IS a sex maniac???

EDIT: Glee Christmas album tracklist:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/karencarpenterdrummerwhosang/message/8624

01 (2:45) TinaMercedes & Kurt - We Need A Little Christmas
02 (2:32) RachelFinnSantanaTinaMercedesArtie & Brittany - Deck The Rooftop
03 (3:04) Rachel - Merry Christmas Darling
04 (2:48 ) Kurt & Blaine - BabyIt's Cold Outside
05 (2:02) ArtieRachelKurtSamTina & Brittany - The Most Wonderful Day Of The
Year
06 (3:37) RachelFinnMercedesArtiePuckTina & Kurt - Last Christmas
07 (3:12) RachelMercedesSantana & Tina - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
08 (3:02) Will - O Christmas Tree
09 (2:56) FinnPuck & Artie - Jingle Bells
10 (3:20) k.d. lang & Will - You're A Mean OneMr. Grinch
11 (4:25) Mercedes - Angels We Have Heard On High
12 (5:01) Rachel - O Holy Night

Playing Time : 38:44

I AM going to listen to it... God help me.

The song "Merry Christmas Darling" (from "GLEE: The Christmas Album") is NOT in the Top 15 on Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart. :confused: That is strange!! I don't think it is NOT playing on Music Choice "Soft Rock - Holiday Music" channel either. :confused: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Well, it seems that last year, when this thread was active, my fears expressed earlier that the GLEE version would supplant Carpenters version of "Merry Christmas Darling" on the radio didn't materialize.

However - this year I have already hear the Lea Michele version played on the local soft rock station twice. That's two times that listeners to that station were denied hearing Karen and Rich's classic interpretation of the song. Anyone else hearing it in the Christmas rotations on radio?

Harry

To answer Harry's question, no; however, more disturbing to me is that I have only hear ONE Carpenters Christmas tune on the radio, period. During my drive-time listening, it seems they have completely disappeared from the greater Los Angeles market. Last year, I would here them nearly twice and hour. Anybody else experiencing this?

Also, I find it telling that no one on this forum has even made mention of Richard's "mythical" Christmas album and going another year without its release. I guess we all gave up on ever hearing it.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that we will never see the Christmas CD from Richard. I think we just gave up hoping, also someone here would have seen this coming in the pipeline months before now if it were to appear for Christmas. Let's hope he includes some of it on a compilation for future release. I wish he would release "Together at Christmas Again" on digital format.

Our local radio station here has been playing Christmas music all day everyday since Thanksgiving up to Christmas, they play alot of the Carpenters, it's so cool to hear them on the radio, turn it up way loud, it just sounds better hearing them on HD radio. I have never heard Lea Michele on radio around here.

It figures. Just as I posted the above :

however, more disturbing to me is that I have only hear ONE Carpenters Christmas tune on the radio, period. During my drive-time listening, it seems they have completely disappeared from the greater Los Angeles market

I heard both Merry Christmas Darling and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas within minutes of each other on two different radio stations. Maybe Los Angeles based radio programmers/station managers read A&M Corner forums? I'm just sayin'....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom