• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters on MySpace & Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the sites;

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Carpenters' Recording Debut
Monday, October 12, 2009 at 5:55pm
http://en-gb.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=157323646618&ref=mf

2009年10月13日 - 火曜日
Richard on QVC!
Did you catch Richard on QVC? If not, click here to watch!
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...c.Carpenters-40th-Anniversary-4040-2-Disc-Set
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=503827705&blogId=514089252

Hey folks - the US version of the amazing 40/40 compilation is out today! Check it out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=335381247&s=143441. Richard put the track listing together himself!

I honestly think that Richard has had some face work done and nothing neurological. His face is very taught and fresh looking. At least I hope that this is the case.

I think you are confusing the QVC clip with the other more recent clip that Sakura posted. Richard has a very noticeable facial tick in that, so much so that I posted thinking he had some dental pain.

newvillefan said:
I think you are confusing the QVC clip with the other more recent clip that Sakura posted. Richard has a very noticeable facial tick in that, so much so that I posted thinking he had some dental pain.

Stephen, what other link are you referring to? I saw the QVC one, the host was a little annoying but Richard seemed fine.

Thanks Sakura for posting new clip!!

Thanks Stephen I must have missed that one.

Richard has always been one to take his time in selecting the correct words, perhaps it could have been some dental work. I wonder what date this was recorded?

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Richard has always been one to take his time in selecting the correct words, perhaps it could have been some dental work. I wonder what date this was recorded?

It's pre February 2009, because he says that February 4th 2009 will mark the 26th year of Karen's passing.

Maybe he got dentures. It almost seems that way, he moves his mouth and tongue. I don't think he had plastic surgery. His face looks shiny probably because of the lights shining on him. He does look slimmer though, but looks great!!

cam89 said:
Maybe he got dentures. It almost seems that way, he moves his mouth and tongue. I don't think he had plastic surgery. His face looks shiny probably because of the lights shining on him. He does look slimmer though, but looks great!!

I'm not sure. The deep lines around his mouth, particularly the left side have gone. I do think he's maybe had some dermabrasion work or something if not cosmetic surgery. He looks great though! :)

I don't think it is dentures, as his teeth look the same, but I have never seen him move his mouth in that fashion....

On another note, it was interesting to hear him say that he wished they had released other songs as singles.....It would be interesting now to see how "Baby it's You", "Reason to Believe", "This Masquerade" and "Jambalya" would have done....

jonathan

Song4uman said:
On another note, it was interesting to hear him say that he wished they had released other songs as singles.....It would be interesting now to see how "Baby it's You", "Reason to Believe", "This Masquerade" and "Jambalya" would have done....

Badly I'd say. I can't believe he thinks 'Baby It's You' would make a credible single, compared to 'Close To You' and 'Begun'. It's a nice album track, nothing more. 'Reason To Believe' would have done them no favours as a single either, it's cheesy throwaway country, and the original recording is not as good as the remix he did in the 1980s.

'This Masquerade' probably would have fared best out of them all. A timeless, classy tune. It's funny how it never amounted to more than a B-side during their careeer but it turns up on all of their Greatest Hits collections.

I think 'This Masquerade' never got the recognition it deserved. It does appear on most all the compilations and everytime it appears I still enjoy it, in fact I never skip it on the player. It really is timeless and listening it's hard to believe they recorded it so long ago cause it's still very fresh sounding. I don't think Richard has ever touched it with regard to mixing has he?

For some reason though I always reminds me of how they used it in the Karen Carpenter Story and her break up with Tom.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
I don't think Richard has ever touched it with regard to mixing has he?

I think you're right Chris, it's one of the early popular songs that I don't believe he has touched, as far as remixing goes.

Actually, Richard did remix "This Masquerade". The drums are slightly different. You hear an extra beat JUST before the piano solo begins in the instrumental break. But the reverb is kept to a minimum, thank God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom